PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   changed mogul for tilt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16668)

darkomen 01-23-2008 06:32 PM

changed mogul for tilt

I was one of the "happy" early adopters who purchased the new phone when it came out. At first everything seemed ok and I couldn't be happier because I had such a great phone with so many features I wanted to use. Then came the problems, bluetooth problems, spotty performance, memory limitations became more and more apparent and finally no gps. I waited for a long time for sprint to solve these issues but the reality is they never backed this product the way they should have. almost 1/2 a year later we still wait for the mogul to be "finished" while other companies have better and better products and offerings down the line. I've been a loyal sprint customer for years but the way they handled this situations along with some other issues i've had and continue to have to this day w/o any real solution on the horizon made me finally make the jump to at&t and get the tilt which is the phone the mogul should've been in the first place. So long sprint it was quite fun while it lasted but you need to get your act together or you'll continue to lose people.

I have been toying with the tilt for a few hours but I've used my friend's and I haven't had a ny problems yet with it. I'll report back later on how my experience has been.

friguy3 01-23-2008 06:56 PM

mmmmm.....tilt

papped 01-23-2008 07:09 PM

Yeah, although you don't really have to jump Sprint entirely. I just complained until they let me switch to the Sprint Treo 755p with a full refund for the Mogul.

Early adopters are the ones who really got screwed on the Mogul...

Joeriginal 01-23-2008 07:51 PM

Wow, you guys should of atlease held out till the end of the month when the update is supposed to come, and see how that worked for ya, I would of stuck it out if I were you, Tilt isnt worth it on the slow ATT data connection, and high prices. And The treo, just not much you can tweak on it.

papped 01-23-2008 07:54 PM

There's so many apps for the PALM OS it's ridiculous...

And I had the Mogul practically since launch. I waited long enough for a PPC that actually functioned on a basic level.

They were promising "that update" months and months ago.

friguy3 01-24-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joeriginal (Post 166587)
Wow, you guys should of atlease held out till the end of the month when the update is supposed to come, and see how that worked for ya, I would of stuck it out if I were you, Tilt isnt worth it on the slow ATT data connection, and high prices. And The treo, just not much you can tweak on it.

Nobody is allowed to say hi prices unless they are talking about verizon. And since the prices are so high for data, nothing is slower than my data connection.....0kb/sec!!

PropagandaX 01-24-2008 08:58 AM

Have fun with Att&t. I am not sure which is worse, early adoption of a phone or switching carriers for a phone....hmmm.

Doesnt the tilt have the mogul guts with more ram and a functioning gps?

yakky 01-24-2008 10:59 AM

I hope the tilt works out for you. Having jumped around through about 10 or so smartphones (some palm, some smartphone, some ppc) I have learned they ALL have problems. Some you can live with, some you can work around. Its all about the device working for you.

markppc6700 01-24-2008 02:18 PM

tilt over mogul? att over sprint data?

i called att trying to change over my work plan from sprint to att and when i asked how much the data plan was they said 39.99 LOL, i am giving them 12pda and the best they can do for data is 39.99...

sprint i pay $10 for unlimited data and text message on all our phones and we got sweet deals on the 6700, however, some of us(only me) managed to get a mogul because my phone accidentally broke lol.

Like yakky said ALL pda's have problems we just know about them because we come on this site, the average user of these phones just use it to talk,text,email(rear) and look cool.

papped 01-24-2008 02:26 PM

If you were an early adopter of the Mogul, you could easily encounter a large majority of phone functionality issues even as a basic "modify nothing" user, all the way up until about 2.17 rom?

All phones have their problems. But the Mogul launch ROM until 2.16 (in which case some people had it worse with 2.16 ROM than any of the previous ones) had more issues than any of the other phones I've owned. Just simple stuff like the phone not waking up for calls or alarms, the sound not working until a soft reset randomly and having to soft reset 5+ times a day due to lockups when using IM programs/Email drove me crazy. I went through 2 different Mogul's and both had identical problems (which most of those issues were re-confirmed by a large number of people on this board anyways).

I didn't wait it out long enough dealing with that for 6+ months on a phone that cost $500? Please...