PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 03:30 PM
Lurker

gottspd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I had a treo 755P that broke the first time I used the headphones. Same thing broke on my 700, 650, 600... I like Mogul a lot. It's not as easy to use as the treo, but it's more fun and it's got wifi... Add the GPS and it'll be fantastic!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
I didn't wait it out long enough dealing with that for 6+ months on a phone that cost $500? Please...
I dunno, 2.09 wasn't THAT bad. I've certainly had worse (ie the Wing and HTC/T-mobile have done NOTHING to resolve the issues). Early adopters always get screwed. If you can't deal with some issues, it might be better to wait it out.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

papped is a n00b
I waited for roughly 1/4 of my entire Sprint contract. I choose to switch to a different phone. Considering how many posts there are on this exact same decision on the thread for this phone, I would say it constitutes a problem. These are people that will and do mod in any respect to make a phone work properly, not your standard user.

But I suppose its easy to just assume it's the customers being impatient... Long term affects, I tell everyone not to get a Mogul. I list the reasons why. Then in turn they tell everyone they encounter not to get a Mogul. So on and so forth.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
I waited for roughly 1/4 of my entire Sprint contract. I choose to switch to a different phone. Considering how many posts there are on this exact same decision on the thread for this phone, I would say it constitutes a problem. These are people that will and do mod in any respect to make a phone work properly, not your standard user.

But I suppose its easy to just assume it's the customers being impatient... Long term affects, I tell everyone not to get a Mogul. I list the reasons why. Then in turn they tell everyone they encounter not to get a Mogul. So on and so forth.
If you told me the 755p is perfect I might want to call you a liar I'm glad you found a phone that keeps you happy. I'm starting to think these phones are the devils puzzle. Once you solve one thing, you find something else. I quit looking so hard and don't sweat the small stuff. I love the mogul for its form factor, great voice quality (non BT of course), and I actually really like the WM6 platform (palm user since the Pilot 1000 days).
Old 01-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
Yeah I would never call any phone perfect. Every phone has its problems. The Mogul I couldn't get to work the way I want at all, the 755p I can.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I thought about jumping to ATT for the Tilt but with the driver issues it ran slower when I tested it out than the Mogul did, not to mention that they wanted $45/month for data whereas I now pay $15/month. For me at least it was too much added expense for not enough improvement. While I like some features on the Tilt, the ATT service cost too much to be worth it to me. $360 more per year is not worth it to have a questionably better phone.

Still, everyone's needs, wants, and budget are different so everyone's mileage will vary.

I also haven't forgotten about ATT's shady dealings with both the NSA and RIAA so I'm not particularly eager to ever pay them a dime.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
I also haven't forgotten about ATT's shady dealings with both the NSA and RIAA so I'm not particularly eager to ever pay them a dime.
True dat....
Old 01-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP

aughsum is a n00b
I read the title and thought someone had franke
RAZR2 - secondary
_______
HTC Mogul
HTC Apache
a900 -secondary
Motorola i870
Morotola i830
REM Blackberry 6200
REM Blackberry 7100
Motorola i860
Motorola i830
Motorola i730
LG vx6000
Old 01-24-2008, 08:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Absolutly.

Until some other carrier can/will match SERO I will not go anywhere.

I liked t-mobile but Edge only Blows.
Verizon is way to expensive.
Alltell - Are they even nationwide?
AT&T too expensive, Better data tmo but still not as good as EVDO

When I was with Tmobile i was considering getting a second phone on Cricket for when I wasnt traveling. With my 1250 min SERO i never max out my min and its cheaper by half than my Tmobile 1000 + Data + text plan I had.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan