PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnychimpo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can somone write a Phone Process terminate hack?

I have started terminating this process after every phone call with a 3rd party task manager. In doing this, my memory never leaks and is always a solid 23 megs.

I would like the phone to terminate this process when you hit the end call button if possible. Why windows doesn't do this for you?? I dunno but for some reason you have do it manually.

I have been running my phone like this for months now and i think this is on of the issues that causes the memory leak everyone complains about.

Last edited by johnnychimpo; 01-24-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Chimp26, what prog are you using to terminate your processes?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:03 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychimpo View Post
I have started terminating this process after every phone call with a 3rd party task manager.
Which task manager?

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 01-24-2008, 01:17 PM
Post Master General

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Dark, you get a rep just because great minds think alike lol.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

itaskmgr 1.4.5

http://www.iaccarino.de/silvio/ppcstuff.htm
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Post Master General

Thanks chimpo, looks good i'll give it a try.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Post Master General

I like this app, but is there a way to take it off of the systray on the todayscreen, i dont like when apps reside there.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

not that ive found. I just quit the app when im done with it.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:06 PM
iPhone Killer

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
hey man heres a great taskmanager from trianglepowers.com! i use it and i never have a memory leak problem!
Attached Files
File Type: zip TaskManager.zip (205.3 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Post Master General

D130 are you able to kill individual processes with the task manager you posted? not that i'm ready to jump ship, just weighing my options...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan