PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   moto s9 ad2p skipping, how'd you fix yours? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16625)

mogulust 01-23-2008 02:23 AM

moto s9 a2dp skipping, how'd you fix yours?

This is the first thing I haven't been able to find a fix for by searching since I got my 6800 a few days ago. So far it has been such a joy to use, and I've managed to get everything working the way I want it to. Thanks a lot to Colonel for such a good rom (12-28 version).

So today my motorola s9's came in the mail and I'm getting a brief skip in my a2dp music every 45 seconds or so. I've searched for a couple hours now reading various threads about this issue and I tried a couple reg edits that didn't fix the problem. It doesn't seem to be a range issue because I get the same amount of skipping whether the phone and headphones are right next to each other or ten feet away. I've tried it with mortplayer as well as audio manager.

Surely some others have had this issue and found a fix for it, so could you help me out and let me know what to do? Hopefully this isn't something I just have to live with, a skip in the music really completely ruins it.

Thanks a lot if someone can help!

mogulust 01-23-2008 04:51 AM

Well I figured out the problem, and it's pretty disconcerting.

The skipping only happens when the wifi is connected. No skipping with it off, and consistent skipping with it on, even if I'm not transmitting any data.

Considering the fact that one of the main reasons I got the headphones was to listen to streaming radio via wifi, I'm pretty disapointed for sure.

Hopefully there is a reg hack or something to fix this, but I'm doubtful.

Let me know if any of you have the moto s9's and they don't skip with your wifi on, and maybe I can figure out what to change to make it work.

Thanks.

bedoig 01-23-2008 11:05 AM

Unfortunately you're just going to have to live with it. The bluetooth and WiFi share the same radio, so they compete with each other when they are both on. If you have a data plan you'd be better off streaming over EVDO. If not, looks like you're down to getting a big memory card and storing your songs/shows/whatever locally.

mogulust 01-23-2008 04:07 PM

Yeah I figured that was the case bedoig. Unfortunately my area doesn't have evdo, so streaming over 1x doesn't work. Another thing is that I was planning on using the headphones to listen to music on the storage card while hiking, with a bt gps tracking my position and route. Of course the bt bandwidth isn't great enough to handle both so while they're both running the music skips constantly.

I really hope in the future the new bt protocol has a larger bandwidth and is capable of handling more connections without conflict.