PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6800

honestpanda is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disabling ActiveSync on bootup

Is there a way to disable ActiveSync from starting up every time I turn my xv6800 on?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:16 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by honestpanda View Post
Is there a way to disable ActiveSync from starting up every time I turn my xv6800 on?
quickmenu can do this

Old 01-23-2008, 09:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

cuse94 is a n00b
A free download of Activesync Toggle should do it - http://micrologics.co.uk/library/ast/

I haven't tried it yet myself, but sounds like it will do what you want. Next time I am at home in front of the computer I am going to try it.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6800
Threadstarter

honestpanda is a n00b
quickmenu works half the timeit seems. ill give that toggle a try later today
Old 01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Turn off the automatic network time sync in settings. That's how I fixed mine without adding more apps. (settings personal tab>phone>time synchronization>get settings>uncheck)
Old 01-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800 (Sprint Mogul)

dotori is a n00b
Ok, I just worked this out yesterday(maybe it's been done before but I can't find it) activesync is \Windows\repllog.exe. It's a special type of ROM file that, as well as not being editable, can also not be copied, but it can be "overwritten" in the usual sense of rom files being overwitten. So I overwrote it with PlaySilence.exe from the same directory. First copy it out to your storage card, then rename it to repllog.exe, then copy it back to Windows. Now activesync will do nothing.

If you want activesync back google around for a copy of repllog.exe and rename it to something like ActiveSync.exe for example and put a copy in your \Windows directotry.
Now you can start it from there, but better to start it from the program link as it starts it correctly. To fix the program link go to:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\rai\:MSSYNAPP
and change value "1" from "repllog.exe /remote"
to "ActiveSync.exe /remote" (or whatever you named it)
The program link (and aparently nothing else) uses this variable to start Activesync so now you can start it from your program menu ONLY when you want. There will NOT be automatic starting of any kind and the comm manager button will not work either. I think for alot of people this is perfectly ok. Unless you need to sync several times a day, then this saves much more hassle than it produces.

If you don't like this fix just "delete" repplog.exe (which will actually restore the original, that's how rom file overwritting works) and reset the registry value.

Edit:
I think I've tracked down another reg entry that may point the comm manager button the right way too, but it may also fix all the automatic things that I'm trying to break in the first place. Search ActiveSync in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT to play with it.

PS: A comparrison of tricks: Disabling time sync obviously dissables your clock sync so that's about that. The fake server scheduling (not mentioned here) only solves part of the problem. Quickmenu has some people saying it doesn't work and I don't really want it anyway, and as far as I can tell ASToggle runs on a particular pc only and has nothing to do with AS starting on soft resets. Of course my fix entirely dissables ALL automatic syncing which may be good or bad depending what you like, but for me it's good. So choose the "features/bugs" you like best

Last edited by dotori; 01-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan