PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Angry So, out of nowhere my Mogul has been running SLOWWWWWW at random

This just started happening within the last couple hours. I haven't recently installed/uninstalled ANYTHING, haven't messed with any settings, no reg. edits, nothing at all. When restarting, I notice that sometimes it takes longer that it usually does to load my today screen. I'm noticing no differences in RAM at startup. I notice, for example, going back and forth between tabs on HTC home, the phone will freeze for a couple seconds and resume working normally after that. When receiving a phone call, it takes FOREVER for it to respond when trying to accept or deny the call. While in a call, it responds terribly slow when trying to raise/lower volume. Sometimes going from portrait to landscape and vice versa even takes longer than normal. I've had ZERO problem with my Mogul since I first got it 4 months ago and now I'm ready to throw it out the damn window. What's the word guys? I can go on about a couple other things that the device is slowing on, but I think you guys get the picture. TIA.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
On another note, I first noticed it doing this when I plugged the device into my car charger. After that, regardless of being on battery power or external power, it was sluggish like never before. I noticed today, my battery died faster than usual. About 1.5 hrs ago, it was at 40% charge, and within less than an hour it dropped down to 10%. I had data turned off all that time and I still noticed the battery drop as well as hotter than normal backplate. Could it be something with the power source? I remember once, quite awhile ago, my phone totally died and after I charged it for a bit and turned it back on, it ran the same way, hhhmmmmmmmmm.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor
Sounds like you have a battery problem. you might have overcharged it. Lucky it hasn't exploded. NEVER USE A NON-OEM CHARGER to charge any type of equipment. Have sprint check out the battery for you in order to determine if it has to be replaced. Also make sure that you clear your temp files and cookies from internet explorer as this causes the device to slow down dramatically.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
It sounds like an app was running non stop. As a result it's draining ram/cpu resources all the time and constantly draining the battery. Of course I can't really help you debug which app it was.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:03 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by papped View Post
It sounds like an app was running non stop. As a result it's draining ram/cpu resources all the time and constantly draining the battery. Of course I can't really help you debug which app it was.
Bingo, and the app probably goofed on its own, loosing track of a .dll or something similar.

Or ActiveSync is awake and running, it can cause that as well.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I use a Sprint car charger and I (won't say never, but I) rarely overcharge. I've only let my battery fully drain while on one time, even if it gets close to 10%, I fully charge it and remove it. I use memory managers and I always fully close programs when they're not in use, with the exception of "text" always open. :sigh: I dunno, I'm kinda flustered. =/

Last edited by wILLk0r3 818; 01-22-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Dang, I even tried taking out the battery for awhile and it's still doing the same thing. I don't even know. This whole day has been such a pain in the a$$.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:37 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
It might be time for a Hard-Reset. :/
Old 01-23-2008, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
I had similar issues. Programs started running slow (especially SMS) even though I hadn't added anything really to the software. I tried a hard reset, which seemed to help for a few days. Then it returned again. Tried a custom ROM, and it didn't help either.

The odd part was for the first 3 weeks or so of heavy use, it worked perfectly. I mean it was god sent, I never had any issues at all. Then it just started acting slow, wouldn't display the keyboard backlight, at all...

No idea why, maybe I just got a bad one.. I decided to try the touch instead. But I wish it wouldn't have had problems, cause I know I'll miss the keyboard dearly.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
What radio version are you running? Sounds kinda like the roaming lockup some people were reporting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan