PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remote desktop on Titan

Can someone post a walk through on how to do this, I have the cab installed I just need to know where to get the information it asks for to connect, and what to do from the pc side, as well as the ppc side, thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
I'd make sure you can connect from another pc to your current desktop. Live a little... google "remote desktop xp howto" Once you have that figured out, the pocketpc app will fall in place.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

drew826 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeriginal View Post
Can someone post a walk through on how to do this, I have the cab installed I just need to know where to get the information it asks for to connect, and what to do from the pc side, as well as the ppc side, thanks in advance.
If you've ever used remote desktop to connect to a windows machine before, then it's probably pretty similar from the pocketpc. If you haven't, then maybe you should learn how to do that before you try to do it from the pocketpc.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew826 View Post
If you've ever used remote desktop to connect to a windows machine before, then it's probably pretty similar from the pocketpc. If you haven't, then maybe you should learn how to do that before you try to do it from the pocketpc.
Sage advice. And most of the work is not on the PPC end, but on the desktop end.

If you are looking to connect to your desktop PC, you need to have the RDP server running (not the right terminology) which is only available in Windows server versions, as well as XP Professional (NOT Home) and the higher end flavors of Vista. It's not something you can add on... you need to have the correct OS.

Then, you will have some work to do on your router to assign a static IP to your desktop and pass the connections through the firewall properly. Same with any software firewalls you may have running. Also, you will need to know the external IP address of your desktop (hopefully it's static like most DSL connections... if it's cable, you probably don't have a static IP).

I agree that you should research it from the end of connecting from another PC to make sure it works properly before you even try it on the PPC... once you have that done, it's a snap to set up on the PPC.

Google is your friend. There are hundreds of sites explaining how to set RDP up.

Oh, btw... just to save you some headaches, the IP address you use to connect from OUTSIDE your PC's network will not work if you try to connect from INSIDE (say using the WiFi on the 6800). Took me a while to figure that out.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att
Threadstarter

Joeriginal is a n00b
Thanks a bunch, but this stuff is over my head, and Im not really willing to try any of this at my work(BANK) PC's, so I guess ill wait patiently for my Dashwire invite, or if anyone knows of anything similar to dashwire to let me know, Bloove looks good but only works for certain phones.
Old 03-17-2008, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Re: Remote desktop on Titan

Please Please Please Share the Cab File !!!!!!
Old 03-17-2008, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b

whoops wrong thread I have the old one I meant to post in dudes 6.1 thread
Old 03-17-2008, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b

I use logmein.com for remote desktop. They start you off with a "Pro" version that lets you transfer files between your phone and PC. After the Pro trial ends you can only use the remote desktop but that's all I need so it's perfect for me. You install a small client on your home PC and a cab on your phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan