PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 03:59 AM
Lurker

ishouldbepsychic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone program won't close...

So, I'm having the same problem as many of you where the available memory slowly diminishes the longer the device is on. I installed a program (not completely sure which it was) that had a task manager and when ever I look at it, I always see that there are 3-5 copies of the Phone program running. I was wondering if anyone knows how to completely close the program and if that was causing the memory to slowly disappear?

When my phone is reset I have 18-19 mb of free ram and after a while it slowly goes down to the 12-14 range.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbepsychic View Post
So, I'm having the same problem as many of you where the available memory slowly diminishes the longer the device is on. I installed a program (not completely sure which it was) that had a task manager and when ever I look at it, I always see that there are 3-5 copies of the Phone program running. I was wondering if anyone knows how to completely close the program and if that was causing the memory to slowly disappear?

When my phone is reset I have 18-19 mb of free ram and after a while it slowly goes down to the 12-14 range.
you prolly are talkin bout wktask which has the bars on the top of the screen like your pc does on the bottom. you can close by going to terminate but one of them has to be open at all times since if you close it you wont reveive any calls until the next time that you manually open the phone app.... hoep this helps some and the exact name of the program if this isnt it would be a great help.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:14 PM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
3-5??? Well lets see, (1). 1x connection (2). EVDO (3). WIFI (4). Bluetooth (5). infrared, yep makes sense to me. i always have 2 copys running but then again i dont use the BT infrared or wifi. but then again i dont have the problems of the memory leak. When I turn it on I have 19 mg of mem at the end of the day still 19 mg. the only thing I do is I have HTC X Button to close the apps
Old 01-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnychimpo is just getting started
I have the same problem when i use a task manager program. you see several phone processes running in the background after you use the phone. You can terminate them. I do this occasionally with out any problems receiving or calling. I posted this issue at the m$ website for mobile 6 support with no answer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan