PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 05:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint HTC Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

Titan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery

So whenever I am using my phone my battery seems to die out fast! I have it on 50/30% on the backlight and BT is not on. I go on the internet and text most of the times. Why is this?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

rstcso is a n00b
How fast is fast?
Old 01-21-2008, 07:55 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
yep, even with the *far* better battery life vs the 6700 (which was 3 hours talk time with a tail wind, 5 bars, turning off the screen, and a bit of luck) you will be hard pressed to get more then 5 hours of talk time out of a titan with a 1500mah battery.

Wifi is worse then that.

EVDO is about the same as that.

So if you are surfing the web, and really keeping the data active, you can see 20-25% battery drop in an hour of use. When you use it like a laptop, the battery life is the same as a laptop - well, an old laptop with a smaller battery, not the new laptops which are 40% battery, by weight
Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
This is so weird, I have been reading so many post about horrible battery performance but I can actually say the opposite. I use my phone with bluetooth about 2 hours a day plus internet browsing, sending and receiving emails, texting etc... and my phone lasts all day. I take my phone off the charger at about 7am when I am leaving to go to work and by the time I get home at around 6pm I still have 60% battery. Hell just yesterday I slingboxed the entire patriots game plus talked on the phone for about hour plus and still had 40% when I got home. I could not have done this with my 6700 so I don't know what to say.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
Yeah, it all depends on your usage, lots of phone calls plus BT and your battery can be toast before the day is over. I went 3 days before I dropped down to two bars while on vacation though, no phone calls, no bt, and checking mail every 2hours.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:38 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
Yeah, it all depends on your usage, lots of phone calls plus BT and your battery can be toast before the day is over. I went 3 days before I dropped down to two bars while on vacation though, no phone calls, no bt, and checking mail every 2hours.
Yep.. and to an apache owner, that's FANTASTIC life Heck, even with moderate talk time (60 minutes) you'll likely be in decent shape at the end of the day battery wise. I think its really relative to what you expect. Having the battery sucking monster that is the 6700 for a year, the mogul is really very good.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Yep.. and to an apache owner, that's FANTASTIC life Heck, even with moderate talk time (60 minutes) you'll likely be in decent shape at the end of the day battery wise. I think its really relative to what you expect. Having the battery sucking monster that is the 6700 for a year, the mogul is really very good.

yeah the 6700 was a batt hog. the mogul is like a breath of fresh air compared to the 6700. i dont know how i made it with that ppc.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

drew826 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Absolutely; the batter life on my Titan is MUCH better than it was on my Apache. I'm just thrilled I don't have to plug the damn thing in every night!

Battery life all seems to be about perspective. I imagine there are many people fairly new to the pocketpc scene who have been using regular cell phones for years, and they're used to getting a week or so of battery life from their cell phone, even with moderate browsing, text messaging, talking, and the like. I've been using pocketpc devices for years, well before they had phone capabilities. I expect my Windows Mobile device to only last about day if I'm really using it, because that's what it's been like with them for years. I used to have to charge my iPAQs up pretty much every night...and if you let the thing totally die, oh you were screwed. The base rom was stored in nonvolatile storage, but everything personal (programs, contacts, anything that didn't come with the phone) was stored in cheaper RAM, and it all cleared when the battery died. Every day, I'm amazed at the functionality and performance of this Titan. It's by far the most incredible Windows Mobile device I've ever owned. Now if I only I could get linux working on here...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan