PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC Titan)

blandrp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove System Tray (USB Connection icon area) from Today screen

When I connect my Mogul to my PC via the USB cable there is a row that appears at the bottom of my Today screen with an icon in it to show that a USB connection is active (computer linked to a phone icon). Is there a way to get that row to NOT show up on my Today screen? I had to install some VPN software on my phone yesterday for work and now that row ALWAYS appears with an icon for the VPN in it (even though there is also an icon in the title bar)! I want maximum space for my Today screen and this row is useless.

The row isn't shown in the Today items settings so I can't remove it from there. I've searched the forums and Google but I haven't been able to find anything about this. The area that I'm talking about that I'd like to remove from my Today screen is the area with the 2 icons in the attached picture - one that looks like a computer connected to a phone and the other a gear with a lock over it.

All help is greatly appreciated!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg usb_conn_today_row.jpg (16.4 KB, 53 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by blandrp; 11-09-2007 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Added correct name of system tray to title
Old 11-09-2007, 02:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

JudasD is a n00b
I would love to know how to do this as well. I have searched and never found the answer yet.

JD
Old 11-09-2007, 02:28 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I believe you can use Wisbar advanced. I know I saw in one version the setting had a way to change the system tray (What you are talking about).
UpDate: WisBar Advance 3 was the version.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul (HTC Titan)
Threadstarter

blandrp is a n00b
Wisbar Advanced 3 doesn't help

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
I believe you can use Wisbar advanced. I know I saw in one version the setting had a way to change the system tray (What you are talking about).
UpDate: WisBar Advance 3 was the version.
I just downloaded and installed this, but it looks like all it would let me do is add items to the system tray rather than stopping the system tray from appearing at all.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

getwilde is a n00b
I have this issue as well. Strange thing is, I've never noticed it there before today, and I've had my Mogul for a month now. I can't think of anything I've loaded or tweaked in the the last few days that would have caused this to show up....
Old 01-19-2008, 03:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Virtualboy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by blandrp View Post
When I connect my Mogul to my PC via the USB cable there is a row that appears at the bottom of my Today screen with an icon in it to show that a USB connection is active (computer linked to a phone icon). Is there a way to get that row to NOT show up on my Today screen? I had to install some VPN software on my phone yesterday for work and now that row ALWAYS appears with an icon for the VPN in it (even though there is also an icon in the title bar)! I want maximum space for my Today screen and this row is useless.

The row isn't shown in the Today items settings so I can't remove it from there. I've searched the forums and Google but I haven't been able to find anything about this. The area that I'm talking about that I'd like to remove from my Today screen is the area with the 2 icons in the attached picture - one that looks like a computer connected to a phone and the other a gear with a lock over it.

All help is greatly appreciated!!!
I hope the original poster is still on this site, but to fix this:

On your phone go to: Start > Settings > Connections Tab > USB to PC

Then you will need to check in "Enable advanced network functionality". Then plug your phone in and icon should be gone. Just note that some of the other hacks, mostly with networking and such require that you turn off advanced network fuctionality for it to work.

-Virtualboy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (14.6 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg usb.JPG (11.2 KB, 11 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg after.JPG (14.5 KB, 15 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Virtualboy; 01-19-2008 at 04:08 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
On the Touch there is a Registry hack to delete a key to stop the entire icon tray from appearing but the Mogul doesnt have the same key. I have been seeking this answer for a month.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

getwilde is a n00b
Thanks VirtualBoy! That was driving me nuts!

As you mention, enabling that setting may cause other issues. For example I was having ActiveSync connection issues with my Dell laptop docking station. (http://forums.microsoft.com/windowsm...4511&SiteID=65) Guess I'll just have to decide what matters more.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan