PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
knowing sprint they'll put some type of G-14 classified API layer on it so we cant use anything but the GPS service that they want to charge us for. Our hackers are good, but hey we couldnt hack the GPS to work in the first place, so I wouldnt doubt if they outsmart us again. 9.99/month is not worth it to me.
Well, if it works that way I'll spend $75-100 and just buy a BT GPS. I'm not sweating it though. I don't mind buying one if this isn't something I can just use with GMaps. I just don't like paying more monthly fees.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

bdubya is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Well, if it works that way I'll spend $75-100 and just buy a BT GPS. I'm not sweating it though. I don't mind buying one if this isn't something I can just use with GMaps. I just don't like paying more monthly fees.
My hope is once the updated Sprint firmware is out it won't be long until it's hacked into a usable VZW ROM package. I'd love to go into my local VZW store and show them a XV6800 running the internal GPS.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
i second that
Old 01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
if that's what they are going to do (restrict it to sprint only gps) it would have been nice of them to tell us that beforehand. oh yeah, i forgot. it's sprint we're talking about here.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
yeah theyll pull some type of jerk move, their good for that type of stuff. We can always depend on sprint when we need a good screwing...lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan