PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can anyone recommend a good screen protector for Mogul?

I don't care if it's anti-glare, or not. Just don't want to know it's there. I've used protectors for my old IPAQ's and they made using the stylus a pain at times. (This was many years ago).

Can anyone recommend a good protector, if possible that is easy to apply and not noticeable once on?

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
my brothers girlfriend never put her protector on her mogul... even tho i strongly advised her too... she refused... as many times as shes drooped it plus normal ware... i don't know how it is the screen looks perfect!... anyway i still wouldn't advise to go without protection

its really hard trying to find a screen protector with the perfect balance... ofcourse it helps to apply it as smooth as possible without bubbles.... personally i try to find screen protectors that are bigger than my screen so I can dissemble the case (without voiding if i can) and custom fit them over the entire screen, if not I try to slip it underneath the body covering the screen so none of the edges are visible... hope this helps

oh PS ware tight laytex gloves if you can... and make sure the surface is as clean as possible before you apply..... don't clean it with anything that leaves residue ... use CLEAN soft microfiber electronic cleaning wipes or ..... CLEAN eyeglass wipes, and if the screen looks like it doesn't need to be cleaned in the first place it prolly doesn't... so don't

Last edited by gxnext; 12-13-2007 at 05:15 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
I am half tempted to just go without a protector like your brothers girlfriend.

If I keep it in a case most of the time, maybe I can keep the screen safe enough not to need one. But I'm a bit paranoid about it. (And it hasn't even arrived yet...).

Instead of making a new thread, just wondering if you or anyone can tell me rather or not it's possible to record lectures with the Mogul?

I know there is software for voice recording, I was thinking maybe it could pick up a lecture in a small class room? Or even if I added a mic or something.

Thanks.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDRacingZX6R View Post
I am half tempted to just go without a protector like your brothers girlfriend.

If I keep it in a case most of the time, maybe I can keep the screen safe enough not to need one. But I'm a bit paranoid about it. (And it hasn't even arrived yet...).

Instead of making a new thread, just wondering if you or anyone can tell me rather or not it's possible to record lectures with the Mogul?

I know there is software for voice recording, I was thinking maybe it could pick up a lecture in a small class room? Or even if I added a mic or something.

Thanks.
ur welcome.

and yes, if its a quiet lecture and no one is talking over each other AND YOUR SITTING RIGHT IN THE FRONT! lol i think theres a way to adjust the sound quality it records under SETTINGS> INPUT> OPTIONS but i haven't played wit the settings..... if ur n a class room setting its perfectly clear... but i would recommend listening to it with headphones... its much clearer and easier to understand this way.... usually if you can hear the person speaking from where you are in a mostly quiet room the phone can too... put ur finger in one ear and put a cotton ball in the other... thats how the phone hears it lol... test it out soon as u get ur phone because i'v only used the recorder in a meeting twice and it was a big meeting and i was in a big room sitting somewhere in the middle of the room.... and it made a big difference once i listened with a headset on

oh btw careful if u oppt to not apply a screen protector... the biggest threat to a bare screen is actually ur stylus ... u wouldn't want any vertical or horizontal lines near the edges of the screen or any other commonly used areas on your screen to become permanently flawed... I took a wrist strap from a old psp and hooked the extra stylus it came with up onto it so ill never have to take the one in the phone out because of ware n tare.. the more u use it the weaker the hold is... i learned that from the 6700 and my palm lifedrive... but i realize this isn't idea for everyone... anyway i still managed to drop the phone once getting out the car and that one time caused some lumps on my screen protector and marks on my phones body... and thats just cuz it was a pale of jagged rocks it fell in... eh still... the damage isn't as bad as it prolly sounds lol but in most cases your screen isn't going to get damaged from a typical 3 foot fall onto a flat surface... ur keyboard might and ur battery case might pop off tho...

Last edited by gxnext; 12-13-2007 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: AT&T

rsohne is just getting started
I use a a protector from www.invisibleshield.com
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

icevapor is just getting started
I have used a couple different one's:

-The Boxwave anti-glare is nice, if you take the time to put it on right, you wont even notice it. They are much much better than the stock=crap protector that comes with it. I used one for about a year before I decided to replace it.

Pricey though, about $13 for one. and they dont have the mogul on there site... but I think the 8525 is the same sized screen..

-Another that I am currently using is the "Jazz Screen Protector." I think they are from china so they take a little longer to recieve, but they are only about $8 bucks, and you get 3 of them. I'd say they are equivalent to the Boxwaves, but a lot cheaper. You can find them on Ebay, search for "jazz screen protector 6700" (no quotes). I dont believe they list them for the the 6800 so I just ordered the one for the 6700.

The Jazz Protectors, I believe (dont quote me ) are from the same company that makes the Exim screen protectors. I've read these are good also, but more expensive.

So, I recommend The Jazz Screen protectors because they have good clarity, and toughness and seem to be a good alternative to the high dollar boxwave's or invisibleSHIELD's.

Also If you want some good tips as to applying these things, search "screen protector tips" in the aximsite.com forums, 3/4 down the search page is a good thread.

Last edited by icevapor; 12-13-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond (Unlocked GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

ooshnoo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by icevapor View Post
and they dont have the mogul on there site... but I think the 8525 is the same sized screen...
yes they do, I just bought some last week.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

icevapor is just getting started
Smile

Thanks for correcting me , I just did a quick look at there site, I dont think they had them when I was looking (back in june) so I just assumed they didnt. They make a good product, so if your scared of the jazz/ebay combo, go with boxwave.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Intermountain Trust is starting in the wrong direction
the http://www.shieldzone.com/form/index.html is one i have been using on all of my screens including my mogul, simply put you cant go wrong with this outfit.=D>
Old 12-13-2007, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Awesome guys. Thanks for all responses. I'm going to order the protector this week, because I know I'll end up destroying the screen with the stylus if I don't. (I'm not very gentle with stuff).

Cool that it can record lectures to. The class Im in no one talks, and I already sit up front. Might as well give it a try.

Thanks again for the responses.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan