PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mcmichak is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
monocube safe mode hard resetting?

My phone is constantly freezing on start up (doesn't get past the green screen). Pretty sure it's due to HTC Home pluggin, but I've lived with that bug for about 4 months now...
Real problem is that when I try to start the phone in safe mode, it will either 1) load normally and then when I soft reset it forces a hard reset, or 2) just not load up at all, forcing me to soft reset which forces a hard reset. In either case I do not run through the normal procedure to do a hard reset, it just does it on its own.
The only thing I have recently changed is 1) if registered monocude and 2) am traveling so I had to change the roaming setting from Sprint only to Automatic... Nothing else has changed.
Anyone have any thoughts or experiencing this as well?
I'm uninstalling monocube safe mode and will reinstall to see if that fixes the problem... Will update.

Last edited by mcmichak; 01-21-2008 at 10:27 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mcmichak is a n00b
Update: Uninstalled and reinstalled (fresh download from monocube(dot)com) and it it still does a hard reset on startup and a soft reboot...
This titan is becoming an expensive paper weight
Old 01-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Have you considered that maybe Monocube is causing the problems? Since it is an application that is designed to affect boot up, and since it appears that it does not support WM6, it is very likely that the boot up problem you are experiencing is due to Monocube. Reinstalling it will probably not help. Try a hard reset and DO NOT reinstall it and see if the problem goes away.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

mcmichak is a n00b
um, yeah... of course the forcing of a hard reset goes away when monocube is not installed. the point of monocube is to be able to boot up in safe mode to troubleshoot when needed. the program works fine with wm6 as many others are using the program, and i have for quite a while, with no problem. i'm just trying to figure out if anyone else is experiencing the issue or has any ideas how to fix it and keep it installed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan