PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Keep Mogul In LandScape Mode??? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16360)

manthony6567 01-18-2008 04:32 PM

Keep Mogul In LandScape Mode???

Hey is there ne way to keep the mogul in landscape mode open or close without having to always press the rotate screen button ????

Darkness231 01-18-2008 04:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This has been discussed many times with the 6700/6800 and the is no way to keep the phone in landscape mode. The rotation is triggered by hardware and cannot be controlled. There is however a program out there called Landscaper.exe. This program will sense the rotation and re-rotate it to the preset orientation.

Crossova 01-30-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 163750)
This has been discussed many times with the 6700/6800 and the is no way to keep the phone in landscape mode. The rotation is triggered by hardware and cannot be controlled. There is however a program out there called Landscaper.exe. This program will sense the rotation and re-rotate it to the preset orientation.

That doesnt really make sense considering that the phone does this for you already. im also interested in finding a fix for this as well if anyone can shed some light on this...

XIII 01-31-2008 12:41 AM

I wonder if you put a screen rotation short cut into the start up menu will do the trick or not. I will try it and let you know.

Edit: it turned landscape after reboot but after slided out the keyboard and closed, it went back. I guess just leave a short cut on the today screen and manually change it as needed.

Maui6700dude 01-31-2008 05:30 AM

Ya know, I saw a weird thing yesterday at a sprint store here. I was in there checking on my own account waiting when Istarted playing with the touch on display. Weirdly, when I hit the power button to bring it out of sleep, it came to in landscape mode!? Weird huh? I then proceeded to turn it off and on again. Again it was still in landscape mode. Super weird. Just then I got called to the reps counter and then forgot about it when my wife hurried me out of the store when I was done...weird huh? Was it stuck or something?

ls3mach 01-31-2008 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maui6700dude (Post 172611)
Ya know, I saw a weird thing yesterday at a sprint store here. I was in there checking on my own account waiting when Istarted playing with the touch on display. Weirdly, when I hit the power button to bring it out of sleep, it came to in landscape mode!? Weird huh? I then proceeded to turn it off and on again. Again it was still in landscape mode. Super weird. Just then I got called to the reps counter and then forgot about it when my wife hurried me out of the store when I was done...weird huh? Was it stuck or something?

No, it wasn't stuck. Someone had changed the orientation. If you do that with our phones it will stay that way. Only until you open or close the keyboard does it change. Power has nothing to do with it.

manthony6567 01-31-2008 07:35 AM

i want this because its less slugishness with the wait of the screen rotation u feel me