PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   data Connect/disconnect app? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16330)

lalord69 01-18-2008 10:52 AM

data Connect/disconnect app?

:scratch: I been searching for a while now, and im still not able to find an app or somethin that will turn the data(internet) on and off, like an app that connect online without having to press the IE icon or sending a pic mail. I am using third party apps(picsel Browser) for IE but it requires to be connected, it does not connect when the app is run. Any help would be great. Thanks :mrgreen:

bmtbandit 01-18-2008 11:03 AM

WKTask is a good program the does this. Not only is it a great task manager. it has a launcher, soft reset, and as you requested a connect disconnect button.

dcharlip 01-18-2008 01:44 PM

I found some registry changes that do the trick

go to HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings
delete the "SuspendResume" line
add a new line called "SuspendResume"
select the type to be String
set the value of the key set to "GPRS_bye_if_device_off"
select key name CacheTime
change the key value to 60 (for 60 seconds before disconnect)

Works like a charm for me. Shuts off the data connection automatically after the number of seconds you enter in CacheTime.

Darkness231 01-18-2008 02:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I use. Its a mortscript file that basiclly connects and then opens Picsel.
1. This is for Sprint (the command line says Connect( "sprint" ) ). If you are using Verizion change sprint to What ever you have listed under
Start Menu->Settings->Connections->Connections->Advanced tab->Select network
2. This is assuming that Picselbrowser.exe is listed under /Windows directory

You can edit the .mscr files in notepad or on your device with PHM Notepad(part of PHM Pocket PC PowerToys, which is free)

Here are the steps
1 Install Mortscript to your device
2.Run /program files/mortscript/mortscript.exe
3.Copy Picsel.mscr to where ever you want. If you want it in the start menu copy to
/windows/start menu/programs
4. Run Picsel.mscr
5. Also Included a shortcut to picsel.mscr if it is listed in the /program files/mortscript/

lalord69 01-18-2008 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 163666)
Here is what I use. Its a mortscript file that basiclly connects and then opens Picsel.
1. This is for Sprint (the command line says Connect( "sprint" ) ). If you are using Verizion change sprint to What ever you have listed under
Start Menu->Settings->Connections->Connections->Advanced tab->Select network
2. This is assuming that Picselbrowser.exe is listed under /Windows directory

You can edit the .mscr files in notepad or on your device with PHM Notepad(part of PHM Pocket PC PowerToys, which is free)

Here are the steps
1 Install Mortscript to your device
2.Run /program files/mortscript/mortscript.exe
3.Copy Picsel.mscr to where ever you want. If you want it in the start menu copy to
/windows/start menu/programs
4. Run Picsel.mscr
5. Also Included a shortcut to picsel.mscr if it is listed in the /program files/mortscript/

Man, that worked like champ, that is twice u help me out, and thanks a lot for the replies and great answers/options.