PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   spb software for free? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=16296)

JMQUINT00 01-17-2008 07:15 PM

spb software for free?

I dont think this is possible bet I thought a lot of things werent possible before I stumbled upon this website. Im currently free trying:
spb shell
spb plus 4
spb phone suite
I was wondering if there is any way to get them for free, any help would be appriciated

blazingwolf 01-17-2008 07:18 PM

Those are commercial applications. The only way to get them free is illegal.

JMQUINT00 01-17-2008 08:41 PM

ok well plan B then, what are the closest thing out there

itsall_cooool 01-17-2008 08:57 PM

Save your beer cans and buy the software you like, it isn't that expensive and you will use it a long time

johnnychimpo 01-17-2008 08:59 PM

could almost buy another phone after paying for all their software at spb. LOL, these phone apps cost way too much IMO. 10 bucks or less i would consider it but 20+! Hmm dunno about that one.

Ovendoor 01-17-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnychimpo (Post 163243)
could almost buy another phone after paying for all their software at spb. LOL, these phone apps cost way too much IMO. 10 bucks or less i would consider it but 20+! Hmm dunno about that one.

Sure, I dont particularly enjoy shelling out 29.95 for some SPB products, but IMO, they are well worth it.

What really ruffles my feathers is that they charge for upgrades/revisions to their products..NOW, that should be free.

[sammich] 01-17-2008 11:18 PM

If you are short on cash, an email to the company will sometimes do it!

I contacted Adobe for a Photoshop license telling them I was short on cash and I really needed a good photo editor. I kinda made it a sob story...

I recieve and email replay saying:

"Thank you for your interest in Adobe software. We have received your request, and we are willing to offer you the Photoshop CS3 Suite for the price of a reduced education license. The total will be $15."

15 bucks for Photoshop CS3. Now thats amazing.

ooshnoo 01-18-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMQUINT00 (Post 163192)
I was wondering if there is any way to get them for free, any help would be appriciated

Ha! That's a good one!

Wait...You're actually serious, aren't you?

TurboFool 01-18-2008 11:51 AM

Just about the only way to get any commercial software for free is to pirate it, which is illegal, and something we're not going to give instructions for here.

Keep an eye on Handango.com, though, as they give something away for free every Friday. Who knows, maybe some day it'll be something by SPB. In the meantime, learn to pay for it or live without it, or figure out your own ways to get it for free.

hyjkim 01-18-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ovendoor (Post 163249)
Sure, I dont particularly enjoy shelling out 29.95 for some SPB products, but IMO, they are well worth it.

What really ruffles my feathers is that they charge for upgrades/revisions to their products..NOW, that should be free.

If everyone who pirated spb software paid for it, I doubt that it would cost $30.

Anyway, for some free alternatives check out HTC Software and some of the stuff developed at xda-developers.

SPB Mobileshell - Replace with HTC Home
SPB Plus - Replace with HTC X button and ftouchflo (for scrolling)

not sure about phone suite but I'm sure you could find something. Most of the features in commercial software are available for free from other sources. However, I haven't found anything as nicely packaged and well supported as the SPB software. Well worth the bucks in my opinion.