PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Fredrock123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone Replacement Help

I need to get my phone replaced. I have the PPC6800. The power button has been shoved in (possibly a defect from HTC?). I can no longer press the power button on so I am having to remove and reinsert my microsd card. I called sprint and they were not very helpful. They told be to go to a local sprint store. I don't want to pay for a replacement because i have been with them 6 years, have 3 lines in my name and pay over $100 dollars. Ive never asked for a dime. How should I approach this?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

customshopkv1 is a n00b
Do you have the warranty coverage on the phone?
Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
The Sprint store will replace it for free given that you have Equipment Protection for your phone. It might be a refurbished phone but they will replace it if they can't fix it. If it has been less than 30 days since you purchased the phone, they should give you a new one and if not you can definately ask for it.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Fredrock123 is a n00b
Thanks for the help so far. I do have the warranty. I dont have a choice sprint will not provide any phone assistance. I don't mind if they give me a refurb. They shouldnt have to many. They always brag about how that are a high selling store and that they are always in the highest sales for sprint. What should i tell the reps when i go? Ill take some pics and post them later so you can see what happened to my phone.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:08 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700,touch
Carrier: sprint

momoney is a n00b
like rvashi say equipment protection is the solution.just yesterday i took my wife's treo to sprint after ma son banged it on the table and cracked the screen.they replaced it with a fresh one out of the box together with all the accessories ie charger,battery..
Old 01-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Fredrock123 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoney View Post
like rvashi say equipment protection is the solution.just yesterday i took my wife's treo to sprint after ma son banged it on the table and cracked the screen.they replaced it with a fresh one out of the box together with all the accessories ie charger,battery..
Im going to take pics in the morning... I have had the phone for more that 30 days. Does that matter?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Phreddo is becoming a great contributor
if you have TEP you're golden (the $7 plan, can't speak for the cheaper plan)
i had a pushed in button, they couldn't fix it, and they ordered a replacement.
hell, this was a phone i got off ebay, but the insurance stays with the number, not the device.
anyhow, they got me a brand new one in the box and let me keep all the accessories!
i have no real use for a second battery, but it's nice to have it for free.
BTW, in my case, i had to take it to a service center, as my local sprint store doesn't do work on the PDA phones.

you should be fine.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrock123 View Post
What should i tell the reps when i go?

Everytime I had to get a replacement, I usually just say that I spoke with Sprint Customer Service and they said to bring the phone to a Sprint Store for replacement. That way the store reps already know what you expect out of that visit.

I say this because before, i use to call Sprint directly and they use to replace the phone for me by mailing me a brand new phone (back when I had the 6700). But after a while, they started saying that they don't do that anymore and that I should go to the Sprint store and tell them that Sprint Customer Service adviced to go to the store.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Everytime I had to get a replacement, I usually just say that I spoke with Sprint Customer Service and they said to bring the phone to a Sprint Store for replacement. That way the store reps already know what you expect out of that visit.

I say this because before, i use to call Sprint directly and they use to replace the phone for me by mailing me a brand new phone (back when I had the 6700). But after a while, they started saying that they don't do that anymore and that I should go to the Sprint store and tell them that Sprint Customer Service adviced to go to the store.
The mogul has a 1yr warranty from HTC. Unfortunatly you have to go through HTC for it. Usually you have to take it into the store and the Sprint tech verifies there is a problem,then they will put you in touch with HTC. It might pay to contact HTC directly first though. Sometimes the sprint techs are idiots and try to blame the problem on you and tell you the warrenty is void or some garbage like that.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan

fdavis is a n00b
I would call customer support and ask to be connected with the cancelation dept.(Shh...retention) Dont be nasty however, stay on the same path, Not happy, been with sprint over 6 years, can't get proper support, and no one reall appears to want to help me. Therefore, I (you) have looked into what it would take to go T-mobile and I would actually get more for my dollar. Bottom line at some point they ask you what they need to do to keep you a sprint customer. That's when you let them know what it would take to keep you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan