PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON

s10onn2o is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile my new xv6800

Ok guys I went ahead and bought the xv6800 and all i got to say is WOW, when you load a custom cooked rom this thing is nuts. It does take a little getting use to in your hand and were the buttons are but man is it fun. Im going to cook up some more roms and play with the page pool and some other stuff to see just how far it can be push. But in my opinion if any one is scared to trade over from the 6700 trust me it was worth my wild.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Splitter is becoming a great contributor
Yup... I've had mine for about a month. I put DCD's Clean 1.6.7 on it plus a few plugins... and woohoo!!

Love this thing.

http://www.antiterrornet.com

...because even you would fly 10000 miles to smoke a camel.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

how do you like the upgraded radio have you noticed any difference in network speed or singal
Old 01-16-2008, 08:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Glad to see another fan of the Titan. It's definitely got its flaws but when you compare to other devices out at the moment, it's still pretty damn good. I've only had mine about a month and I still love it. I'm holding off on installing a new ROM until the Q1 2008 release comes out and we see some customs based on that. For the time being I'm just running stock 2.09 with a few choice 3rd party programs and addons and even that is a great step up from my previous phone (Treo 650).

I'm just taking this time to figure out what apps and plugins I like and use so that I can build a fresh one with the new ROM when it comes out.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Splitter is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by s10onn2o View Post
how do you like the upgraded radio have you noticed any difference in network speed or singal
Seems faster, but no real tangible changes in speed or signal. I get about 850k at my desk inside an IT building.

I'm going to leave DCD's 1.6.7 until his newest comes out (soon I hope), or until the next iteration of VZN's (WM6.1) comes out. I might wait even until DCD builds on the 6.1 image. That's how much I like his ROM on this phone.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

here you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Seems faster, but no real tangible changes in speed or signal. I get about 850k at my desk inside an IT building.

I'm going to leave DCD's 1.6.7 until his newest comes out (soon I hope), or until the next iteration of VZN's (WM6.1) comes out. I might wait even until DCD builds on the 6.1 image. That's how much I like his ROM on this phone.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=353280
Old 01-18-2008, 02:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

jackstraw is a n00b
What is titan?? And I am new to this scene but I do have alot of experience in modding. I have modded ppc's before but not with a phone attached. I see that kitchen is dedicated for the xv6700 aka apache. I have Verizon xv6700 and I just purchased it, I was wondering where to start with upgrading or customizing this thing. I also want to put an 8 gig miniSD card in it, but i been reading there is trouble with some of these cards. Any Idea on wha I need to accomplish this? Is there any problems with installing WM6?
Old 01-18-2008, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=jackstraw;163427]What is titan??

it is the sprint mogual, xv6800, ppc6800, and im sure i have missed some others but any way the best way to mod your 6700 is thought the kitchen all you got to do is a little searching and homework and you'll be good.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
But the thing I like about Verizon's 6800 is the fact I never saw any memory leaks in the damn thing (even though it's based on Bell Canada's version), plus a bit more storage memory is free... that's the beauty of it.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 01-19-2008, 02:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
Glad to see another fan of the Titan. It's definitely got its flaws but when you compare to other devices out at the moment, it's still pretty damn good. I've only had mine about a month and I still love it. I'm holding off on installing a new ROM until the Q1 2008 release comes out and we see some customs based on that. For the time being I'm just running stock 2.09 with a few choice 3rd party programs and addons and even that is a great step up from my previous phone (Treo 650).

I'm just taking this time to figure out what apps and plugins I like and use so that I can build a fresh one with the new ROM when it comes out.

At least upgrade to the 2.17 it works much better as far as BT and better radio, Q1 may not be here till Q2. Only takes about 30 min to restore everything if you have all your prog cabs organized.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan