PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
At least upgrade to the 2.17 it works much better as far as BT and better radio, Q1 may not be here till Q2. Only takes about 30 min to restore everything if you have all your prog cabs organized.
In my opinion, Neodorian should not upgrade to 2.17. If you are happy with your phone as it is, there is no reason to install a different ROM. Different users report different problems with each ROM release; no reason to chance having problems with 2.17 if you are happy with 2.09.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800 s10onn2o 1.0.0 rom
Carrier: VERIZON
Threadstarter

s10onn2o is just getting started
how do you like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsall_cooool View Post
At least upgrade to the 2.17 it works much better as far as BT and better radio, Q1 may not be here till Q2. Only takes about 30 min to restore everything if you have all your prog cabs organized.
i have the 1.40 and really havn't seen any diff. but in the batt. is the 2.17 any better and how about the batt. life.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
I'm a bleeding edge kind of guy, and I am a sucker for version numbers. i have cooked my own rom using DCD since 1.6.7 (currently 1.6.10 last nite) and I love the fact that my current rom is will over 100meg and i can still find stuff to put in it.

The xv6800 is a very nice rig, those that hate the little blue monster can either wait for the vogue, or hey keep the Apache. But I will say this, the Titan is a worth upgrade over the Apache no matter the provider. That is the one thing I have learned while cruising through my various PPC knowledge providing sites. I do want to thank DCD for getting a kitchen out so that I can continue my geeky ways.

Stock Rom, 2 Bars
Old 01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

maxavius is a n00b
VZN Stock Rom campared to DCD 1.6.10?

Hey Guys,
I was searching the forum to find out what is the differences between the stock VZN Rom and DCD 1.6.10 Rom? But no luck? What are the differences in:
*speed
*quality sound (stock 1.30 to 1.40)
*what's replaced
*freed up memory (if any)?
*new software

My XV6800 has the latest tweaks, including the battery tweaks, glyphcache to 12288 (which made a big difference!), HTC home plug in, uncrippled the obex push, the lates is the audiopara.csv, also have tcpmp with flash working, Opera 8.65

Thanks for the help in advance!
Maxavius
Old 01-19-2008, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I have tried 1.6.10 yet im still on .09 with all of my custom oems, with radio 1.40 i will tell you this with that rom and the 1.40 i can play on the internet and with the phone pretty much all day and still have about 30% batt. left, i havn't seen any diff on signal or speed but i am going to try the new 2.1? radio tonight and most likly will flash to .10 i will let you know how it works out.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

maxavius is a n00b
How do you upgrade the radio?

I am interested in upgrading to radio 1.40. Do I still have to unlock the phone for that s10onn2o?
My problem is that I have Vista & I've read the problems it causes with the missing drivers.

Thanks s10onn2o!
Old 01-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache/ BB Torch
Carrier: Verizon/AT&T

Papagolf is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
What is titan?? And I am new to this scene but I do have alot of experience in modding. I have modded ppc's before but not with a phone attached. I see that kitchen is dedicated for the xv6700 aka apache. I have Verizon xv6700 and I just purchased it, I was wondering where to start with upgrading or customizing this thing. I also want to put an 8 gig miniSD card in it, but i been reading there is trouble with some of these cards. Any Idea on wha I need to accomplish this? Is there any problems with installing WM6?
The HTC Titan is the XV6800 or PPC-6800 rebranded by the evil cell phone companies... the 6700 is a little slower, little bigger(escpecially with the antenna). Other then that I think it sums up the differences. However the 6800 series has been plagued with bugs that are SLOWLY being worked out by the OE's and quickly by DCD and friends!

as far as upping the 6700 go to the HTC Apache forum. There you will find everything from the original ROMs to WM5 AKU 3.5 and Helmi's WM6 kitchen. I have a 6700 now and am looking to upgrade to the 6800 but I'm waiting for a little more stable development of the ROM.... or a fatal 6700 accident that might force them to cough up a 6800?!?!?! we shall see! good luck with your 6700! I love it... just dont be scared by the kitchen... its a little daunting at first but read the forums carefully and you will learn volumes!
Old 01-22-2008, 05:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxavius View Post
I am interested in upgrading to radio 1.40. Do I still have to unlock the phone for that s10onn2o?
My problem is that I have Vista & I've read the problems it causes with the missing drivers.

Thanks s10onn2o!
no you dont if you have already unlocked it.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

dbrown2 is just getting started
Hi, I am sure that I have missed this somewhere between this forum, howard's and xda-developers. I have really tried to search via google and the forums looking for a good how to on cooking a rom. I have upgraded my xv6800 to DCD's 1.6.10 vzw rom and works great. But would like to cook my own rom with his kitchen.

I have ran the bat file included in the kitchen (nothing changed just default kitchen) and found that I need to create a temp folder and a temp/dump folder. This created the nbh file, but when I flash the nbh it I got stuck on the verizon startup page. I had to use power-cam-soft reset to bring up the boot load screen and flash dcd's rom again.

1. Should I be able to run the bat file in the dcd 1.6.10 kitchen and create rom from default settings that will then flash to the vx6800? If not what do I need to change without adding oem's.

2. Do you use the bat file to create the rom?

3. Can I export a rom (nbh) file, into a kitchen to get a baseline that I can then change to cook again back into a nbh.

To be honest I don't know if I should be asking something else or not. If you have a good step by step process please let me know.

I am sorry if I missed the posting somewhere. But I really did try to find it over the past 4 days.

Thank you for your help
David
Old 01-23-2008, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dbrown2 - 1 have you ever flash a rom before. if not you might want to read up on the tutoral on the old kitchen in the 6700 forum it is basicaly the same way after that and you still have problams pm me and ill help you

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan