PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Odd problem Connecting to WiFi

I realized yesterday that my Mogul would not connect to infrastructure access points. I really only have been using wifi for WMWifiRouter which does still work. I had some trouble connecting to EVDO yesterday for a few min and since i was at home flipped on the wifi switch expecting to connect to my home network which has worked in the past just fine. Well after a few min waiting to acquire an IP address I decided to try my neighbors wireless thinking maybe there was something going on with my router and a reboot was in order but no luck there either.

After backing up everything using sprite I hard reset my phone just to test it and of cource it worked flawlessly connecting to my router. So I figure it is a program or registry setting messing it up right? Well anyway I did a customized restore from sprite and chose not to restore any of the system setting (i.e. registery) and the wifi still worked. Not content to stop there I hard reset again and did a full restore and started diving into the registry looking to find something that may be messing up my phone. I dont know if anyone else has had any similar problems or not but if anyone has any suggestions as far as what it might be your assistance would be appreciated.

Either that or it may be infact time for that hard-reset and manual rebuild again.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
No ideas or suggestions at all?

Damn... I really do not want to rebuild my mogul.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: **
Carrier: **

isosdcftp is just getting started
Make sure you undo all the settings you edited for wifirouter.

Ex. Static Ip, Remove the adhoc wireless settings.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by isosdcftp View Post
Make sure you undo all the settings you edited for wifirouter.

Ex. Static Ip, Remove the adhoc wireless settings.
Yeah I am trying that. I have been using it since it first came out though and never had a problem maybe the new cab versions did something silly to my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan