PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

hazemix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Starting Out Help

I used to have a ppc 6700 and I loved it, it was so easy to manage since it had a long history of support. Now I've got a Sprint Mogul (ppc 6800 HTC Titan) and I'm finding a distinct lack of that same support. I've tried searching forums and it's all very circular, so I'm going to post my questions/concerns/requests here and hope that some kind souls can help me get the same functionality I used to have on my 6700.

1. Disable outgoing text message notification.
I think I need to download TotalCommander to do this. But where is the key I need to change in the registry? (I'm talking about when you send a text message and you get a notification confirming that the message was sent).

>>>>>EDIT
I was able to fix this with TotalCommander (search google) and this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

2. Phone as Modem
I tried downloading the spring Dialer from their website but it didn't recognize my PPC. I also tried the old dialer I was using but I couldn't get it either. I need to know what programs to install and what to do to use my phone to connect to the internet (particularly frustrating is the fact that I just moved and I don't have internet at home unless I can get this to work). I'd prefer to use the USB cable for reliability but I've heard of programs that would let me share my internet over Wifi? I just need something that works.

>>> EDIT
I was able to get the phone to work as a modem over USB using this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11146

3. Smart Dialer with larger buttons
I used to use the Jimmy98 vista dialer, which enabled the smart dialing function and also had the whole screen for the keys, making it a lot easier to dial using the dialpad. I've recently mapped my SPBcontacts button to one of the many side buttons, which makes things a lot quicker, but I'd still like smart-dialing.

>>>>EDIT
I'm using the dialer uploaded by Darkness231 posted in this thread.
(Thanks!!!)

4. Youtube
I got the latest flash plugin and I'm using the IE that came with the phone. I got to a youtube page, click on the link, it opens windows media player mobile but it doesn't start streaming the image. I get an error message

>>>>EDIT
I was able to get regular youtube videos to work (not mobile youtube) with this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=80804

5. List of things to do after a hard reset (optimizations).
I just noticed that when I bring up the text-message function, my PPC freezes. I think it's because of a WMWifiRouter program I tried using and that won't properly uninstall. Anyway, I'm probably going to hard-reset tonight but I'm looking for a full list of registry tweaks/hacks that I can use. There used to be one on the SprintUsers forum, but it links to ppcgeeks and I get an error message when I get here saying that the database format has changed and I can't get to the page. I remember there used to be a tweak for animated menus, and other minor things (increasing videoram or something) that would give me better performance. I'd like to do all these but I don't know where I can find a fully compatible list for my WM6 HTC TITAN (sprint mogul).

>>>>>>EDIT
I was able to find some tweaks/hacks at this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

So, I know i'm asking for a lot, but if you're reading this you may be able to help me get everything out of my new phone that I used to get out of my old one, and plus you'll be helping everyone else in my situation, which might be more people than you think. Even if it's just a link to another site, or something for me to read up on, I'd appreciate it. It's my first time at these forums and as I understand, all roads lead here. I'm sure it's because the users here are the best.

Last edited by hazemix; 01-14-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
1) You need to search for reg-tweaks and you will find a post with most important tweaks cabbed, or you can get phmregedit (free) and follow the manual instructions.

2) there is a long thread concerning phone as modem (tethering) very easy to find, reg editor may be needed

3) search for Mogul_big_button_dialer, great dialer with smart dialing

4) Search for youTube on Mogul, there is a thread with all the cab files necessary and easy instructions (you need TCPMP player)

5) The tweaks in cabs from answer 1 are a great place to start after a hard reset, keep the cabs on your storage card, tap and install (to device, generally) after reset

As the site has grown the threads have become more difficult to search but with just a bit of patience its all there
Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)
Carrier: Sprint

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
1. Here is a cab file for stopping the SMS sent notification
2. USB DUN with "Wireless Modem" app on HTC Mogul. Personally I use WMWifiRouter and it works fine
3. Here is a pic of the Mogul Big Button Dialer that I edited to have White keys

4. Full YouTube/Google Video Access-Updated 9/19/2007
5. Reg tweaks [07/15/2007 rev.2]

A lot of the info is listed in PPC-6800/Titan FAQ's

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to

Last edited by Darkness231; 01-14-2008 at 09:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Threadstarter

hazemix is a n00b
Thanks guys! All the above issues seem to be fixed! Now on to bigger and better things
(getting Skype to work with voice calls)

Last edited by hazemix; 01-14-2008 at 11:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan