PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2008, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treowx
Carrier: sprint

derrickmd18 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to derrickmd18 Send a message via Yahoo to derrickmd18
Post BT8010 or ebay clip bluetooth

looking at both of these and can't deside which one to get. anyone have any experiences with them?

The BT8010. can I use just one daily use and when I want to listen to music use both?

Here is the clip bluetooth i'm talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget
Old 01-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

iggy20 is a n00b
i actually own the Bt8010. i prefer to use the stereo set when i am around the house cleaning and stuff. they are a little bulky, you can use the main headset by it self. i seldom use the headset to make calls, the call quality is good, i rarely get static, my everyday headset is either the wep 200 or the h700.

the sound quality of the bt8010 is good. they are loud. i set the volume to max on the mogul, and set just control it with the volume wheel on the headset, i usually have it around 50% or so. they are good stereo headsets.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
bt8010, best headset ive ever had, caller id is to die for....there is probably a reason the clip is $25.00. However I think the clip is kind of cool.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Rarely getting static? Have you tried loading up the BT8010 Phonebook (via Jabra's software) with contacts. Then try having contact pictures in windows mobile contacts. Answer an incoming call from that contact.

Enjoy the loud crackling static.

Had the same problem with both the Mogul and the Touch. Only way to get rid of it was to remove all entries in the BT8010's Phonebook, making that feature entirely useless.

-Ed
Old 01-14-2008, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

lifeisfun is a n00b
How do you use the display on BT8010 if it's clipped on you ear ?
Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
I have to ask why on earth would you get the clip on thing? I really don't understand listening to music over BT either though. I like wires for music , nothing to worry about charging, no static, and great sound.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickmd18 View Post
i have never seen this clip BT device before. The clip BT will require a power adapter as the plug seems to be in Asia format.

I have the BT8010 and I love them. There are a few posts here within the forums about these if you need some more input.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ghlight=bt8010

Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
I have to ask why on earth would you get the clip on thing? I really don't understand listening to music over BT either though. I like wires for music , nothing to worry about charging, no static, and great sound.
It's actually kinda nice to not worry about getting headsets ripped off your head, with your phone pinwheeling off you, because the chord got caught in whatever you were working on - be it a table saw or the dishwasher

I only get static when I push the range... under 10' is fine (great for doing the kitchen cleanup chore with the phone sitting well out of harm's way) if I need to move more then that, the phone can at least be in a pocket...

I have no experience with that particular headset, this is a comment re A2DP/hands free stereo bt headsets in general.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan