PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Tower is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to change ppc6800 (mogul) housing

Im just shocked that she was touching all those boards and things inside,with no anti static straps or anything lol...very brave indeed
Old 04-04-2008, 07:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

nathanhorn is a n00b

anyone post pictures?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

ryanwood is a n00b

It is a long story, but the casing of my mogul was severely damaged. I was able to dismantle and make repairs to bring it back up to operating status, I was more careful than she was with the guts, but the mogul proved surprisingly resilient. The only components that appeared to extremely fragile were the ribbons that connect the screen keyboard and the other periferals.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

here's a link to the black housing with the sprint logo on the front, and it's still in stock... http://www.gsm4world.us/shop/sprint-...c-210_240.html
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Hoof is becoming a great contributor

Just get a black rubberized case like I did. Now your phone is protected and is black, problem fixed.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

I second Hoof's comment. Although I realize some of us just like to mess with stuff. I really like my seidio case.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoof View Post
Just get a black rubberized case like I did. Now your phone is protected and is black, problem fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samshady View Post
I second Hoof's comment. Although I realize some of us just like to mess with stuff. I really like my seidio case.
it's a housing, not a rubber case. it's discussing something that's screwed on and not attached to something gray. it's pretty hard work, so some things don't come easy.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Found a vendor selling the Verizon XV6800 full housing on eBay, but it wouldn't come up searching on eBay. it showed up through google.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Genuine-veri...QQcmdZViewItem

What I notice is that it's gray/black instead of blue/black... Gonna ask if that's perhaps a B&W picture.

Anyone try swapping xv6800 <> PPC6800 casings?

-CC

EDIT: seller confirmed the housing is black.

Last edited by clockcycle; 04-10-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: confirmation
Old 04-18-2008, 06:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Evo

MrDeeds is a n00b

I bought this case thinking it would be a nice look. I just got it in the mail yesterday and im very dissapointed. The case color looks good in person except for the neon yellow sprint logo.

The steps to change the whole case are very time consuming the first time you do it. Once everything was done though the case had many fit issues. The power button and comm manager button only seem to stick out about half as much as they used to.

Theres considerable light leakage on the front of the case anywhere there are seams. The worst thing is the battery cover doesnt fit properly. eveything looks decent but feels crappy. I'm going back to an oem housing once i can find a new one.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Question Internal-Antenna missing?

Anyone here actually changed out their housing to a black one?

I got one of the last ones from the site linked here somewhere, before they took it off their site.

What I noticed in the subtle differences between an OEM gray sprint housing and the black one they sent was, the keyboard is rubberized which was an obvious difference. But I also noticed that inside the lower half of the case, the black one is missing what looks like to be an antenna connection the rides on the side of the case.. Anyone notice this, and notice a difference in signal with the phone or wireless?

thanks,

-CC

P.S. I'll add pictures after work..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan