PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2008, 09:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700 & Treo 700wx
Carrier: Verizon

NitroSS is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
the xv6800 or a xv6700

I have owned a xv6700. Its nice. I want to get a xv6800 to replace this treo I have. But Im looking for a deal on one. I can get another xv6700 fairly cheap. I'd like to ask previous owners of the xv6700 that now own the xv6800 how much better if at all they like their new devices? I also noticed the xv6700 has a 416MHz processor and the new xv6800 is only a 400Mhz. Anyway please describe your user experiences and why if at you feel its better?
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Well I have had my ppc6700's(2 of them) for a while and with all the custom roms I didn't have a real reason to even upgrade to the 6800. But what can I say my pockets were burning and sprint gave me one heck of a deal on two 6800's so I took the bait. In any case I love my 6800 dearly but I do miss my 6700 alot. I like the fact that its alot slimmer and all but quite frankly I do miss the little antenna stub, half the times I am holding my mogul upside down. So IMHO don't expect leaps and bounds over the 6700.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6800 now, XV6700 in the before time

ksquake is a n00b
I had a Verizon XV6700 which was replaced by a XV6800 and I have to say I liked my 6700 better for the following reasons even though it was a bit chunkier than the 6700.

The 6700 had a headset jack while the 6800 has an adaptor that connects to the USB port to support a wired headset. I am not a Bluetooth headset user and this arrangement is not very pocket friendly.

The 6700 had a "normal" length stylus that hid in the body, the 6800 has a telescoping stylus that does hide in the body but even when extended I find it to be too short.

The button placement on the 6700 seemed better. On the 6800 the power button is across from the wheel and a couple other buttons and I find care is needed so that I do not push back against the power button while pushing buttons that are directly across the body from it.

The processor on the 6700 was overclockable, the 6800 processer is not yet and it is questionable if it ever will be due to its dual (and un-balanced) core.

The 6700 had the joystick which I liked, the 6800 does not, it has a D-Pad style controller with a clicker in the center.

The 6800 also slides open in the opposite direction than the 6700, this may not seem like a big deal but some apps that have screen rotations buttons built in will spin the screen in the wrong direction.

On the plus side for the 6800 though it is a bit thinner and does not have the antenna bump. It also has a navigation wheel which is kind of nice although it's placement opposite the power button is unfortunate.

Ks.

Last edited by ksquake; 01-12-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksquake View Post
I had a Verizon XV6700 which was replaced by a XV6800 and I have to say I liked my 6700 better for the following reasons even though it was a bit chunkier than the 6700.

The 6700 had a headset jack while the 6800 has an adaptor that connects to the USB port to support a wired headset. I am not a Bluetooth headset user and this arrangement is not very pocket friendly.

The 6700 had a "normal" length stylus that hid in the body, the 6800 has a telescoping stylus that does hide in the body but even when extended I find it to be too short.

The button placement on the 6700 seemed better. On the 6800 the power button is across from the wheel and a couple other buttons and I find care is needed so that I do not push back against the power button while pushing buttons that are directly across the body from it.

The processor on the 6700 was overclockable, the 6800 processer is not yet and it is questionable if it ever will be due to its dual (and un-balanced) core.

The 6700 had the joystick which I liked, the 6800 does not, it has a D-Pad style controller with a clicker in the center.

On the plus side for the 6800 though it is a bit thinner and does not have the antenna bump. It also has a navigation wheel which is kind of nice although it's placement opposite the power button is unfortunate.

Ks.
The funny thing is everything that you just said are the exact problems I had when jumping to the 6800, but I have to look at it in the sense that when I first got a 6700 it took alot of getting use to coming from my previous phone as well. So in that sense alot of the smaller differences does make a big difference but for the most part I have learned to get used to it and don't regret the purchase one bit.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2

bkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuffbkhoste knows their stuff
I will let you know is a week or two

My 6700 was taken out by a tiny Lego that my son had put in the USB connector on the cradle. When I wen to dock it, the Lego tore up the connector, mainly because I thought I was doing something wrong and kept forcing it on the dock. Sprint replaced my 6700 with a 6800 and I am playing with it now. I do have to say that it seems to have better volume then the 6700, but way more buttons. I do like the jog wheel, but I do agree that the power button placement is bad. I turn it off by accident several times. As far as the processor, I have not seen a difference yet. I did like the antenna nub for only one reason, it help me get it out of the holster. So far I like the 6800, but like I said I can report back. Unless you are in a hurry, then I am of no help at all.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
I had the XV6700 as soon as it came out and have used it until the first day the XV6800 came out! I had the XV6600 before that! (I'm an upgrade junkie!)

I liked the 6600 BETTER than the 6700 for several reasons and it was hard to switch. I actually threw my 6700 in a drawer for about 2 months and switched back to the 6600. When EV-DO came out, I gave the 6700 another try and stuck with it. I eventually fell in love with the 6700 but missed the large screen the 6600 had and the much louder external speaker.

Anyway, I used the 6700 until the 6800 came out, and have NEVER had any inclination of switching back to the 6700! It did take some getting used to because of the unfamiliarity but it is a MUCH BETTER device than the 6700 IMHO!

Can't wait for the 6900!!!!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Lurker

prettywomensfan is a n00b
Hey fox, I have Xv6700 verizon, dont know the reason why I cant get the internet working on my laptop or desktop. I have read instruction all over the internet but nothing working out for me. I have upgrade software in pda, now its 3.14.30wwe.I go to Start >programs>modem link>start and back to internet explorer and then I'm on web.when I use USB to connect to pc it does not apear on screen for any hardware found even if I do manualy to install cdma1x_usbmdm.inf. it wouldn't be installed either. I can't even find usb cdma modem driver, I don't what exactly to install in pc to make it work my pc don't find any modem. I have been using lg vx8000 past 3yrs to connect to pc for internet but its been kicking off alot so I have upgrade to xv6700 and trying every thing to connet to pc, I hope someone nice to help me I very much appreciate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan