PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Answering via unconnected bluetooth?

So I've got a bit of an annoyance with the phone now that almost everything else is working well...

If I have my BT headset connected, the phone only rings on the last ring before going to voicemail. The first 3 or 4 rings go to the headset. I don't like to wear my headset all the time. So can you...

1. Change it so the handset rings instead of the headset?

2. Answer by connecting bt quickly? Has anyone sucessfully answered a call by connecting the bt headset while the phone is ringing? My HS700 and Z9 both connect after the call hits voicemail.

The only real option I have now is to tell the caller to hang on a second and then connect the headset and then hit the button and it takes the sound from the handset.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakky View Post
So I've got a bit of an annoyance with the phone now that almost everything else is working well...

If I have my BT headset connected, the phone only rings on the last ring before going to voicemail. The first 3 or 4 rings go to the headset. I don't like to wear my headset all the time. So can you...

1. Change it so the handset rings instead of the headset?

2. Answer by connecting bt quickly? Has anyone sucessfully answered a call by connecting the bt headset while the phone is ringing? My HS700 and Z9 both connect after the call hits voicemail.

The only real option I have now is to tell the caller to hang on a second and then connect the headset and then hit the button and it takes the sound from the handset.
MS Voice Command lets you set the notifications to announce either with Bluetooth only, Bluetooth only if available, or speaker or wired headset only.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You know, it sounds odd, but the "vibe once, then ring" option for the ringer really comes in handy sometimes...
Old 01-11-2008, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yakky is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
You know, it sounds odd, but the "vibe once, then ring" option for the ringer really comes in handy sometimes...
Hahaha works great! The first ring on the handset will be the callers 4th though, oh well, its better than nothin. I'm almost at the point of setting my slot cycle index. Phone works too well now to mess with it though.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:03 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Do the slot cycle index thing. Really. I go with 1, works very well, other people do like 0 as well. On 1, the phone wakes up by 2nd ring from the caller's perspective 90% of the time. While you're in there mucking about, change your voice codex to 13k, your callers will thank you!
Old 01-11-2008, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yakky is a n00b
I changed it to one, we'll see how it goes, also changed the voice codec to 13k, not sure if I can tell a difference but it can't hurt much.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan