PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Radio 1.40 file

I've got the 1.40 radio to flash my Mogul with , but cant find the 1.47 anywhere. i've got the 1.47.01 on it right now, but was reading how the 1.40 is better in a few ways so I'm going to try it. Just want to be sure if something goes wrong I can get back to where I am now with the 1.47 radio. anybody know where I can get the 1.47 radio.nb?

thanks
Old 01-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
i just flased 1.40 this morning... heres a link to 3 diff. radios.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/rvashi/Radio%20ROMs

if above doesn't work, this this
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/rvashi/
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sturatt is a n00b
is flashing the radios just like flashing new roms? do you just put the radio nbh file into the RUU folder and run rom update utility?
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

justpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on repjustpctech is halfway to VIP status based on rep
cool

thanks Edge, just what i was looking for. i havent had any troubles with the 1.47.01 i've been using, but wondered if i could get any gain out of using another one.

Sturatt- yes you use the same method to flash radio's as doing a ROM with a rom update utility
Old 01-09-2008, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: vogue/titan/omnia/ sprint touch pro gone vzw
Carrier: vzw

angel12 is becoming a great contributor
is it safe to put the newer radio roms on a vzw device? i know that the apache's radio roms could be put on any apache, but it seems a lot has changed in the upgrade...
Old 01-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

different type of rom update utility for radios?

I was under the impression the same update utility would work for flashing radio's to something, but I get error 238: File Read
"cannot open the requested file"

anybody know more about flashing radio's?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

done

ok, after a lot of searching finally found a 1.40 radio RUU in the FTP, so used that and flashed 1.40 to my mogul. looks like the same update utility as the others I tried, so still not sure what the difference is.
now we get to see how it affects performance and all. forced a hard reset on me after reset too.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23
Quote:
Originally Posted by justpctech View Post
I was under the impression the same update utility would work for flashing radio's to something, but I get error 238: File Read
"cannot open the requested file"

anybody know more about flashing radio's?
as far as i know it should, at least thats how i flashed mine this morning,,, drop nbh and you are to go. same as flashing roms.

did your phone synn before running the ruu?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

yep, was just sitting there syncing every few minutes like ActiveSync does...then i tried to flash. weird, but i got it now anyways. was getting ready to try another ROM again, so the hard reset isnt that big of a deal.
thanks for your help, appreciate it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan