PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 AM
N00b

MillerTyme is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Serial Port Profile (SPP) when connecting to PC via BT?

I have read about all of the BT problems and im not quite sure if my issues fall into that category or not. To start with i am still running the original 2.09 (i believe) ROM, i have heard mixed reviews of all of the updates and am kind of lazy in terms of reinstalling all my programs/settings. So after months of never even turning on my BT i decided to embark on trying to connect my phone w/my carPC via BT in order to try to use one of the programs like phonecontrol or freefone. So after going through bluesoleil, then MS generic drivers, and finally patched widcomm drivers (for my BT device, not mogul) i have been making some progress. Both devices can see each other, i can get them paired, however the only services i see on my mogul when looking on my PC are headset, object push, and PAN (which is 3 more than i saw under MS generic drivers, so i think im headed in the right direction). On my phone, when looking at my pc i can see serial port and audio gateway. However from what i have read is for this to work i need to establish a serial connection, so i go on my PC, click connect, click serial connection, select my mogul, and it gives me the error no serial port profile for this device. Now b/c of all the craziness i have had w/BT drivers on my PC i am not really sure if the issue is w/my pc or my mogul so i was hoping someone here could either confirm or deny the mogul end of it. I am also immensely confused by all the com port talk i see, i can create (and have) an incoming com port for the serial link on my pc but then if i go and try to create an outgoing com port on my mogul it wont let me select the same port, i can set it up w/ a different port. However doing neither of those has helped me with establishing a serial connection thus far.

Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan