PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Lurker

elude79 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question XV6800 Verizon having problem watching Youtube Video..HELP

Hi Guys,

PLease help.

I just got my XV6800 maybe a week now. I currently have TCPMP version .72RC1 installed but i still can;t view Youtube Video. Unit kept getting locked up ( freezing, required soft reset ) when i try to watch Youtube video. I used to own and XV6700 w/ WM6 Kitchen and Youtube work just fine. But now, no more..... Can someone please help me pls.

- 2nd Issue: I currently have Verizon Data package including Internet. But since i installed TCPMP, when open up internet Explorer Browser, it late alot longer to access the site. Any idea, what i might have done wrong here...

Thank you in advance,.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old 02-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Lurker

tim1gibson is a n00b
Yeah my xv6800 ran super slow after download.

I downloaded the tcpmp file and the flach video bundle, and then soft reset. I was all excited and telling my friends here it goes, I'm gonna watch youtube. And then I turned my phone back on and it at first seemed fine, then I went to internet explorer and it froze up. When I tried to back out the screen went dim and it started not to respond. I somehow managed to delete the files I downloaded while it was in slow response mode. So I took out the battery and then put it back in and now it seems to work again. I don't know what happened but it didn't work.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800 mogul

Stevenewjersey is a n00b
Make sure you install the wm5 codec packs on these forums in your /windows folder as well. Try removing flash bundle, reboot, remove tcmp, reboot and then install tcmp, reboot, install flash bundle, reboot. Now you will install the wm5 codecs in the /windows folder and reboot.

Before you try youtube go into tcmp player and check off ALL file types under settings. I enable the micro buffer as well.

If the above does not work then you probably have a bad flash bundle version. Try some of the older releases. Another problem alot of people have is Flash lite or another version of it on the phone. Removing that flash and installing tcmp+bundle usualy fixes it. I can usualy add the flash lite back after my fresh tcmp+bundle install with no problems in playback.

Alot of roms are FUBAR atm. DCD has a great clean rom that runs like a rocket. Nexvision has a realy nice advanced rom with TONS of stuff that I use. I must warn you though... The more on your rom the much greater the chances of running out of memory. IE will open a page and jam your memory alot of the time when cruising vid sites. On DCDs clean rom I had zero problems online.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan