PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 12:44 PM
N00b

bigberto is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Should I trade my mogul for the MOTO Q 9C, TREO 755 OR A new Mogul?

My first mogul phone ran good when i purchased it and then after a month or so the screen stopped flippin when i wood open my phone and ther were many other problems, so they they sent me another refurbished phone and still there are problems with the text screen and and buttons freezing up or screen not workin and i restart at least twice aday.
so sprint offered me the moto q 9c, treo 755 or a new mogul instead of refurbished.

So im jus basically askin can i get some opinions about phones the alternative i like is the moto q 9c but i jus need some info if anyone could offer advice on what phone to pick or what they would do
Old 01-08-2008, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari
I would stick with the new mogul, as long as you don't have a ton of stuff running at once the phone is pretty stable. Tip: Get SKtools and run the free up ram program when ever you phone is getting a little sluggish, I do that and can go a couple days with out soft resetting.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:32 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Since you currently own a Mogul, I am sure you are aware that just about everything regarding the Mogul can be located within this site... AND with that knowledge readily available you know what you have and where to find it.

However I would recommend visiting a few review sites like www.Cnet.com, www.engadget.com on other makes/models that interest you as well as sitting in on some of the forums related to that device. Unbiased user opinions, polls and every-day user reviews will better answer and later define the device that best suits you.

The Palm 755 I believe is available with a MW & Palm OS and the Motorola Q9 is a smartphone (non-touch pda devices are called smartphones while touch-enabled pda's are called Pocket PC's) and both offer diverse form, functions, etc from one another.

Last edited by xweaponx; 01-08-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
I would stick with the Mogul, It may not be the best phone it can be, but its the most feature rich phone sprint has, and with Gps and Rev. A around the corner, it just might be a keeper
Old 01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

iamjfarrell is a n00b
I hate that moto q9c... I would choose the palm centro way before that moto. What about the touch will they not let you trade for that?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigberto is a n00b
Dont kno

i dontl ike the touch cuz it lags too and i jus lookin for something different i love touch screen phone but the moguls i have had jjus lag and have many a problems and whats wrong with the moto q 9c?
Old 01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Att

Joeriginal is a n00b
Well the moto isnt touch screen no wifi, it has a lesser camera not gps rev A compatible yet, and you would have to get used to a smaller screen, I have a refurb mogul and it gives me no problems, I think your just a victim of bad luck, and I would try another mogul, dont downgrade your phone, because when your moto has problems or breaks you wont be able to move up youd be stuck in those class of phones.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b
I currently own the Centro, 755p, Q (old model) and Mogul and by far the Centro has been my #1 phone. It's a lot smaller than the 755p and the Q just plain sucks. I love using my mogul for non phone related experiences. The 755p is also a close #1 if I never bought the Centro.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

bigberto is a n00b
Red face o ok?

i think i might be getting the mogul agin but the moto q 9c seems tempting but i kno alot if people havet used it and i would get a treo but those buttons are too small for my damn hands lol but i kno if i down grade i wont be able to be in that class but i dont even use wifi and they said the moto q has a wifi adapter sd card.
but yea i have had bad luck wit phones it jus irratates me so much that i jus wanna downgrade lol
its like the same problems wit the mogul:
text no sending
screen freezing or not flippin
or buttons stop workin while textin
wall paper
dissapears and
ringers for alarms or text dont work always.
does anybody kno anything bout the moto q 9c?
Old 01-08-2008, 06:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

jaggy13 is a n00b
I just upgraded to a mogul from a 6700. I can tell you from that experience it took me 3 phones to get one that worked correctly. I also opted to switch cariers and shopped every phone currently on the market, My top pics where the dash (Tmobile) Curve (blackberry - Tmobile) and the centro. I was also going to consider the treo, but hated the 650 so much my bias was clouding my vision.
I Opted to stick with the mogul and love it. You definatly have to manage the running apps.
I say try another mogul or 2, and if the problem persists, Sprint should step up and help you out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan