PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2008, 04:29 AM
Lurker

Spider-Dan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with Voice Command and S9 ROKR

Hi. I've noticed an issue with MS Voice Command (1.6) while using the Motorola S9 ROKRs, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

With the headphones on and paired to my phone, if I push the Voice Dial button on the phone itself, I hear the Voice Command prompt in high-quality stereo (as if it's in headphone mode, not headset mode). If I say "Dial Abe Lincoln at home," it'll repeat "Dial Abe Lincoln at home?" (again, in high-quality stereo), and if I respond yes, the command will be executed successfully. No problems here.

However, if I push the Call button on the left side of the headphones, I hear the Voice Command prompt in low-quality through the left earphone only (as if it's in headset mode). If I say "Dial Abe Lincoln at home," it'll repeat "Dial Abe Lincoln at home?" (again, in mono). But when I say "yes," it will never, ever accept that confirmation. It simply will not.

I've tried this at home, in the car, when it's quiet, when it's noisy. It works just fine if I use the button on the phone, but it absolutely will not ever work if I use the button on the headphones.

As I understand it, there was a problem with Bluetooth headsets on the original Titan ROM (I bought mine from Sprint in Aug. '07). I recently updated my ROM to 2.17 (using RUU_TITAN_SPRINT_WWE_2.17.651.0_RS_TITAN_SPCS_1.47 .01_Ship.exe). I can confirm that whereas previously, people on the other end of the call would complain about the call quality while I was using the S9s, after this update everyone has said that the call quality is just fine. However, I'm a little annoyed by the call button issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have a solution?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted
Carrier: Sprint

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that all in-call audio runs in mono with any bluetooth headset. When you activate through the headset it reverts to mono automatically. When you push the VD button, you are hearing normal audio output in stereo because it has not reverted to in-call audio yet.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:30 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Spider-Dan is a n00b
Well, the problem is not mono vs. stereo audio (that doesn't bother me), but rather the fact that I can't issue command confirmation if I use the Call button on the headset. I merely cited the stereo vs. mono as evidence that the phone makes some sort of distinction between the two buttons.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
While I am sorry to say this seems to be a known issue of msvc not responding to the confirmation (yes) in wm6, I am at least encouraged that you do get it to work through the s9's in any way. That really could be a good clue as to how to workaround the problem. I will try using btToggle to make my bt play all syatem sounds and then click the button on the phone and see if this works with a mono earpiece too.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 01-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
for me so far everytime I click the button on the phone it hijacks the bt audio back to the phone, Ill keep trying later today/tommorow...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan