PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

BusDriver is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can You help me ? new Titan user w/ new programs overload!

So - I was a Palm phone user for YEARS!! From a Kyocera 6035, 7035, treo 600, 650 700p.....

Made the leap to the xv6800 (verizon)

So not only am I going through the new phone issues, but a new operating system - and TONS of programs, tweaks, hacks, roms, cabs from other compatible phones (some great touch stuff out there) and holy crap am I losing my mind!!

I am trying to find the best programs to make this a true 1-handed operating phone. and having some issues. Plus - I'd ask you the top 10 essentail apps that all true PPC Titan users should have..

I have been reading fourms, trying demo software, etc.. but it seems the more I look the more I find - and it's down right overwhelming.

With SOOOO many options - I just can't pick anything - I keep installing apps, and I am 100% going to have to do a hard reset soon.

Just remember - you were a newbie once too.

Any help on some essentails would be much appreciated.

Anyone willing to help a newbie?? Other than the standard - read the forums' line?
Old 12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
You can check this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13446

It has some stuff posted.

I really think the programs you need to get are based on how you plan to use the phone. You should give a brief synopsis on this to get better answers.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Great thread. My mogul is going to arrive tomorrow and I was already thinking the same question the OP was.

Thanks for posting the link, lots of good info.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Sprint

matthewdavisnelson is a n00b
Post Must-Own Apps

Welcome, BusDriver, to PPCGeeks.

Google Maps is a consensus Top 10 app to install on your device.

Most people recommend TCPMP (The Core Pocket Media Player) as an excellent media player. A separate plug-in, TCPMP Plugin for Flash Video, allows you to watch Flash video via YouTube.

While I have not used it myself, SKTools is a relatively inexpensive maintenance toolkit—a PPC pocket knife, if you will. It can cleaning the file system and registry, release RAM, and perform many other tasks.

If you do not use SKTools, you will need some type of registry editor to tweak your device. Other popular editors are: PHM Registry Editor, Resco Explorer.

A number of other helpful apps exist, too. Google search for MemMaid and/or Oxios Memory (the latter is free), Orb (also free), Oxios CloseApps and Oxios Hibernate (both free), Spb Software House, WisBar Advance.

I would also recommend that you purchase a large-capacity MicroSD card. I have read that the Sprint Mogul supports up to the latest 8-GB cards. I have also read that the Verizon Wireless XV6800 cannot presently utilize any card over 2-GB. Search the forums for "XV6800" to confirm this.
ROM Version 2.17.651.0
Old 12-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

Pyperkub is a n00b
Check out this article at WMExperts:

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ho...martphone.html

It has some nice observations on using any WM6 device one-handed, and at the top of the article, links to the first two articles in the series about working with WM and software for WM

It's a really good place to start.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon

cavera is a n00b
I just got a 4GB card for my xv6800 and it works fine. The sales rep at the local VZW store said it will support up to 8GB. The documentation that came with the device says it supports up to 4GB card, but 6GB and 8GB cards may be newer than the device documentation.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX 6800

worldsapart is a n00b
Verizon has retracted the claim that 6 and 8 will work on the 6800. They have updated the website as well to "up to 4gb".

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan