PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

ikliomve is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Phone restarts repeatedly problem. Can't use phone please help

Weirdest thing happened today, I've had my mogul since it first came out and today, it restarted itself.

Okay so no big deal, I figure well I would have probably soft reset myself today anyway. However, after the HTC logo appears and the rom version, radio version, etc appears, the screen goes black and it soft resets again! and again and again. like 10 times before I decided to pull out the battery. Plugged it in the wall, put battery back in, same thing.

Hard Reset this time, no change. Phone will not boot into windows and just restarts repeatedly.

What do you think could have caused this? It was working fine yesterday and nothing happened since then. I bought the phone on eBay to forgo having to renew my contract with Sprint if I upgraded through them and don't have insurance on the phone.

Any type of manufacture warranty or anything? Thanks all.
Treo 650p
Old 01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

bitslizer is a n00b
remove your microSD card, then softreset see if you can get back into the today screen, then insert SD card again

probably something on your memory card the OS don't like. add anything recently?
Old 01-07-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work
maybe a hard reset?
Old 01-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Reflash your OS. Somehow it got damaged.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ikliomve is a n00b
I've taken the SD card out, same effect. Already hard reset, no fix there. As for the reflashing, I can't try that until Wednesday when I get home. But I'm near a Sprint store so I'll take it there tomorrow to see if they can reflash it.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ikliomve is a n00b
i reflashed the phone today with the 2.17 rom again. sadly this did not fix my problem, the phone still restarts and starts power cycling over and over again. Went to the sprint store and they said you don't have insurance so we can't do anything for you. they recommended going through the manufacturer.

problem is, i bought the phone off ebay when it first came out so i can avoid renewing my contract with sprint, will the manufacture care that i bought it off ebay?

any other options or tricks i could try?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ikliomve is a n00b
Well I took the phone into a Sprint Repair Center, they couldn't figure out what was wrong with the phone but it kept restarting/power cycling on them too. So they just gave me a new one! woohoo!

So for anyone else out there that ever has this problem, no clue how to fix it, if soft, hard reset dont work, and reflash doesn't work, go to Sprint and see if they will replace it for you. Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan