PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Unable to add contacts... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15386)

PickleJuice 01-05-2008 06:24 PM

Unable to add contacts...

Hey folks...I have an Alltel HTC PPc-6800 and I'm unable to add any new contacts whatsoever. I hit the "ok" button in the upper right corner to initiate the save of the contact and it returns the message "an error has occurred in the program". Any ideas what could be wrong. I do have various contact managers installed such as PCM 0.18, Finger Friendly Freights, Pocket Informant 2007, etc. What is the file I need to have in my directory to actually save the contact? Much thanks in advance! I am running WM6 by the way. :mrgreen:

gguruusa 01-05-2008 06:28 PM

Sync your contacts via activesync first. That should fix the problem for you.

neodorian 01-05-2008 06:28 PM

Hmm...sounds like maybe there is a conflict due to all of those contact managers. I just have PocketCM and the built-in manager and I've never had a problem adding new contacts. Maybe uninstall some of those and see if it works. Worst case, back up contacts and hard reset I guess.

xweaponx 01-05-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neodorian (Post 155407)
Hmm...sounds like maybe there is a conflict due to all of those contact managers. I just have PocketCM and the built-in manager and I've never had a problem adding new contacts. Maybe uninstall some of those and see if it works. Worst case, back up contacts and hard reset I guess.

I agree with neodorian. Try removing them all, then either:

1. Install only (1) contact manager that you really want, or...
2. Install each until the problem is duplicated. Then you will know which program is creating the confict.

I have PocketCM V0.18 installed, V0.17 + 0.15 before that and it they have all operated flawlessly... even adding contacts.

PickleJuice 01-05-2008 08:50 PM

Thanks for the 411, mates. Will report back w/my findings.

PickleJuice 01-15-2008 08:40 AM

Tried the Active Sync route and uninstalling all contact managers and starting from scratch. Still unable to add new contacts. Is there a particular .exe file I need in my Windows directory that I may be missing? If so, can someone provide it for me? Thx in advance!

pctek4456 01-15-2008 11:32 AM

Hard reset and Use only one contact manager. Seems like multiple contact applications are conflicting and possibly making the "pim.vol" file unwritable thus causing it to fail when adding additional contacts

PickleJuice 01-15-2008 03:05 PM

Thanks, pctek4456. This seems to be my only alternative. Appreciate the assistance.

PickleJuice 01-15-2008 03:26 PM

I have noticed I have a pim.vol and pim1.vol on my device as well as a pim.vol on my storage card. Does this shed any further light or is the hard reset still in order? Thanks again.

pctek4456 01-19-2008 06:23 AM

Looks like the various contact managers have started to create alternatives to the "pim.vol" file. I would have to say thats your problem right there. Contacts should all write to the main "pim.vol" file only. Maybe a hard reset is not necessary but I would uninstall all the contact managers except the one you like best. Use a program called "PPCPimBackup.exe" (latest version is 2.70 i believe) to backup your contacts first before uninstallation or hard reset. Let me know keep me posted.