PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint contract question

Hey all,

I'm thinking of moving my mogul from cricket to sprint... However, being that I own the phone already (it's a sprint mogul), I'm not willing to sign a contract.

Do any of you guys know if there's a way around the contract? I know most other companies ask for it, but will usually relent if you already own a phone/pay full price for a phone...

Anyone got any info/advice for me? I'm not willing to switch if they're going to make me sign a contract for an unsubsidized phone..
Old 03-23-2008, 01:14 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Sprint contract question

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Hey all,

I'm thinking of moving my mogul from cricket to sprint... However, being that I own the phone already (it's a sprint mogul), I'm not willing to sign a contract.

Do any of you guys know if there's a way around the contract? I know most other companies ask for it, but will usually relent if you already own a phone/pay full price for a phone...

Anyone got any info/advice for me? I'm not willing to switch if they're going to make me sign a contract for an unsubsidized phone..
well since you already have the phoen why dont you sign the contract and pay the 150 after rebate for the mogul and turn around and see on ebay for around 350. than you will have at least 2-3 months paid in advance for your bills...... just an idea and all but they will not do without you signing a contract. thats why they have pre-paid phones.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Hey all,

I'm not sure about new contracts but recently Sprint has been allowing you to change plans without a contract. Of course if you want a free phone, it requires 2 year....
Give them a call and see what they say. Lately Sprint has been pretty agressive in trying to gain more subscribers.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I'm not sure about new contracts but recently Sprint has been allowing you to change plans without a contract. Of course if you want a free phone, it requires 2 year....
Give them a call and see what they say. Lately Sprint has been pretty agressive in trying to gain more subscribers.

I called them earlier tonight and got a typical non-english speaker who just kept regurgitating "you have to sign a contract because we're giving you service"... frustrated the crap out of me, but maybe I'll keep trying.

Alternatively, the guy at the sprint store told me sprint doesn't charge for ESN changes, so maybe I'll grab a touch and just switch back and forth between phones at a whim..

Anyone got any input about whether I'm better served dealing with telephone customer service or walking into a store?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19 View Post
well since you already have the phoen why dont you sign the contract and pay the 150 after rebate for the mogul and turn around and see on ebay for around 350. than you will have at least 2-3 months paid in advance for your bills...... just an idea and all but they will not do without you signing a contract. thats why they have pre-paid phones.
This is actually a great idea... throw it on ebay, sell it for $350, get my money back plus my early termination fee paid in full (or close to)...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan