PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

doomer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dual XHD6425 Stereo BT+HDRadio+MP3+USB

I just intalled this in my truck today. So far it is working very well. Now I can't say much for the brand. It was painful to go from my Blauhpunkt to a Dual, but the features and price were impossible to beat. For about $150 at bestbuy this thing promised an HD Radio with MP3 support from CD, AUX, and USB (including large USB storage devices). Very nice.

But, for another $50 I could add Bluetooth support for both hands free phone as well as streaming my music from my Mogul to the stereo. That was the clencher, since I couldn't find any other stereo with these features at this price.

I have not been able to stream my music. Handsfree works well, and my 6800 found the stereo as both a hands free device and a stereo audio device. But when I try and play the audio, it doesn't connect. Since I've just installed it I may be missing something basic. I'm looking for suggestions from my PPCGeek brethren. I've also had this issue with my Motorolla S9s, but not very often. Most of the time they connect right up.

Thanks folks!
Old 01-05-2008, 03:48 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
When you try to connect, verify that your radio is searching. Turn your bluetooth on on your device, allow it to pull up your saved devices then click on the radio and then manually click again and save the profile you want to use (ie, stereo) for this device. I would imagine that an icon should pop up on your Today screen indicating that it is connected and ready to stream as it does on mine.

Depending upon your rom version, you may have to do this everytime you connect unfortunately...

After I upgraded to Custel's rom, it fixed this bluetooth bug and has been working great ever since.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

ramstainer is a n00b
Click and hold on your car stereo in paired device list. Then select use as wireless stereo.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Any updates?
Old 01-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

doomer is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
Any updates?
Yep! All is working GREAT! Thanks ramstainer, that was the ticket! I've got to say, I am impressed with this Stereo. It seems to be a great pair-up with the Mogul. With my new 8GB MicroSDHC card, I can tote a heck of a lot of tunes to stream, and the bluetooth handsfree kit has pretty much obsoleted my BT headset. Since I leave BT on most of the time, I get in my truck and never take the phone out of my pocket. If someone calls, I just hit the answer button on my visor. Nice.

On the downside, I think the BT streamed audio quality leaves something to be desired. It seems a bit thin to me. MP3s sound better from a USB key or CDR. If anyone has some suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I think it is the Stereo because they sound great through my moto S9 BT headphones when I stream them.

This stereo is not perfect, but it kicks-butt for the price.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
I went ahead and picked this up from BestBuy last week for $140 with tax. I ordered the BTM60, but it hasn't arrived yet. When it does, I will report back.

The radio is a step up from the factory one that I had, but it doesn't seem loud enough. It has 3RCAs so I might add a set of powered MB Quarts to go with my sub. I can't say that it is amazing, but certainly very decent for the price.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan