PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Lurker

bigryan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Freeing up Space on my Mogul

i am Having a problem with Freeing up space on my mogul, idont have that many programs on it, i only run one program at a time as much as i can, but yet it still locks up and stuff, is there some way to free up the space, or put more space in them??? thanks for any input....

Big Ryan
Old 01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/TouchPro2
Carrier: T-Mo

reeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuffreeg420 knows their stuff
try cleartemp.

Works nice. Lets you clear all sorts of temp files and such.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SprintTouch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ChristianProgrammer is a n00b
Basics

I see you joined on the 9th of Dec or something like that...
Lets see if this is appropriate. Every program you open.. is NOT closed when you use the "X" in the upper right. It just minimized the app. If you look in settings and memory , currently running programs you've got a cute little mobile version of the task manager.
Dude CLOSE that stuff you've had open all day... read read read and read more on this site and decide to grab an add on that automatically closes applications when you select the X.. I personally like WKTask since it give me a task bar like a desktop OS but as learn more as we read more I initially tried the HTCX button add on but the task bar app. is much cooler --- to me...

" i only run one program at a time as much as i can, "

Check in settings memory and see if you really running JUST ONE Program ...

Rep me if I helped

peace in Christ
Old 01-05-2008, 11:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc
get x button 2.0 and when you wanna close something, hold down the x button to fully close it or tap it to minimize it, then when back at the home screen, hit the x and it shows what all is open, and you can hit the x under that one to close everything or individual things
Old 01-06-2008, 03:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

tarblueriver is a n00b
i recommend quick menu. it also frees up memory on ur device too. u can also soft reset w/o having to poke ur stylus in the hole on bottom. its the best to me. you should give it a try n see what u think.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Storage space is not the same as RAM so not having many things installed/clearing space won't make your device run any faster. I recommend making sure you are running the 2.17 ROM and like others have said, install a program like HTC X-Button 2.0 or Quick Menu. Those kinds of programs will help you get around a flaw in Windows Mobile where programs you "close" are actually running in the background for quick multitasking. It's great when you need a few things open at once but with the limited RAM, it can wipe out your resources pretty quickly after running a few programs.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan