PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700>6800
Carrier: Sprint

mbartels is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the Best Way to "Time Out" Data Connection?

I hard reset my phone to fix a few issues and thankfully it helped fix those things.

The problem is that my data connection stays on after I connect to sync, go to the internet etc... It never did this before the hard reset. It would sync every 15 minutes and disconnect on it's own which I thought was a great improvement from my 6700.

Any ideas on why it does this? I don't have any weather or news plug-ins and I don't have push email enabled. I'm aware of the hack to show the connection lenghth and add "disconnect" button but I don't want to have to do this manually every 15 minutes.

The only possibility I can think of is Advanced Configuration 1.1 versus 1.0 I was using 1.1 when the data disconnected but I'm not using 1.0 after hearing many people were having issues with 1.1. Is it possible that Advanced Configuration 1.1 has a feature to disconnect after syncing? Is so, I'm assuming there's a registry setting I could change to make this happen.

Any ideas? Can folks with both versions of Advanced Configuration report whether or not their connection times out on it's own?
Old 01-05-2008, 12:53 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Not sure about all the Advanced Configuration stuff, but you may want to look at the thread Is there a Reg tweek to shut off idle data connection?.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 01-05-2008, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mdecker79 is a n00b
I cooked Advanced Configuration 1.1 into my own rom and I never configured it but my connection would time out after a few min. I then went into the app and it wasn't configured. I'm going to cook another without it and see.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
there is a reg edit, i have to look for it but look around in the registry, its there.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
Not sure about all the Advanced Configuration stuff, but you may want to look at the thread Is there a Reg tweek to shut off idle data connection?.
Darkness - THANKS! Not sure how I missed that when I was searching...

The hack you linked me to works perfectly! My phone is now working exactly how I wanted it to.
Old 01-05-2008, 08:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecker79 View Post
I cooked Advanced Configuration 1.1 into my own rom and I never configured it but my connection would time out after a few min. I then went into the app and it wasn't configured. I'm going to cook another without it and see.
Thanks for the help. Now that we know what the hack is {HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\

delete or rename the SuspendResume to XXXX then Add new one as name SuspendResume and select the type to be String the value of this key set to GPRS_bye_if_device_off

and look for the other key name CacheTime (if not found add new one with type of Dword) then set it to the number of second before disconnect like this

CacheTime = 60} I'll be curious to see if Advanced Config 1.1 automatically changes that even without specifying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan