PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2008, 02:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The batteries are awesome, put it in the microwave for 3 seconds, and pull it out, it'll keep getting hotter and hotter, I would suggest tossing in a fire proof ceramic container at this point! :P
Old 01-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800
Carrier: Alltel

Mr. Punchers is a n00b
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor
This is what the bottom half of the phone looks like with the motherboard removed. You see three ribbon cables here. The very left one is for the keyboard, the middle one is for the screen and front panel buttons and the very right is the camera on its own little pcb. I have no idea what the small chip on the board is to the upper left of the keyboard connector is.

Originally Posted by Keir333:
On the Alltel PPC6800, it's my understanding that the small chip located next to the keyboard connector is an interface for a flux capacitor.

Alltel promised me at the time I bought my phone, that there would be time travel capabilities coming in early 2008....I don't know if this was just something that the salesperson was telling me to try and make a sale, or if it really will be available in 2008 or not....anyways, that's my guess as to what that chip is.

Like I said, that is on the Alltel PPC6800, the Sprint version may be different though.

Does anyone know if Sprint is planning on having time travel functionality for the Mogul???
Has anyone heard anything more about the time travel functionality of the Mogul and whether or not it will be available with the ROM update?
Old 01-05-2008, 03:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint (SERO)

qbunnie is becoming a great contributor
Actually, it was in the original ROM, and as I was the first person to get a Mogul, I immediately went back in time and effed up the release so I could be the only one. That's why they tell you it will be here in early 2008. And then 2009. 2010...
Old 01-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
Damn, I would love the ability to show up to work whenever I want and poof, thanks to my trusty titans time shifting abilities - hey look Mike is 5 minutes EARLY!

Oh well, guess I'll have to settle on gps.

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 01-05-2008, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6850
Carrier: sprint

jammerjamming is a n00b
funny thing is i use my phone as a radar detector already. cheetah activestealth is a gps based red-light, speed trap locator. plus it has a good gps speed indicator. i'll post the base software on the software forum. as for the ptt, i believed the new 4g qualcomm chipset was the only on able to handle the capabilities of the cdma version of the ptt. so to my knowledge and how it was explained to me. no previous model phone will be capable of the ptt other than the new 8 that will be comming out this year
Old 01-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800 (Sprint Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

bakntyme is keeping up the good workbakntyme is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjames06 View Post
please dont start with the bateery discussion in this thread again.its giving me a headache
You need to fully empty your brain before reading again, to avoid the dreaded Memory Effect inherent in your version of brain.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINYA View Post
I don't want to be the one starting any new rumors but I went to a sprint service store to get my wife the touch and the rep told me that the update is going to give the mogul the ability to ptt has anyone heard of it or is it just another dumb rep NOT SAYING ITS TRUE JUST ASKING

God I hope not. PTT is the devil. The only thing worse than hearing one loud asshole yakking on his phone in the mall is listening to him and his loud-ass girlfriend on the other end as well.

It's a phone! Please use it as such rather than talking into the end of it since you think it looks cool

Last edited by neodorian; 01-05-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

KINYA is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to KINYA
the click wheel pushes in could that be for the ptt
Old 01-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
i ask a sprint rep about the new time travel update in the next rom and they told me that id have to update my contract to use it. supposedly, you only get unlimited time travelling after 9pm, and if you use it while off network, theres a 50 cent per second roaming fee
Old 01-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
the roaming charges on the StarGate option would really be bad .....

unless you had SERO

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan