PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Verizon and XV6800 Internet Tethering (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15300)

ddrum 01-04-2008 04:51 PM

Verizon and XV6800 Internet Tethering

So far many if not all of the tethering threads have been using Sprint Mogul's.

Has anyone successfully tethered their XV6800 on the Verizon Network to their computer using USB cable or BT to enable internet sharing?

I apologize if this has been covered already however all of the searching I have done always points to Sprint and the Mogul.

I am sure the process is similar however there must be different settings for Verizon's network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

leedawg 01-04-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrum (Post 154735)
So far many if not all of the tethering threads have been using Sprint Mogul's.

Has anyone successfully tethered their XV6800 on the Verizon Network to their computer using USB cable or BT to enable internet sharing?

I apologize if this has been covered already however all of the searching I have done always points to Sprint and the Mogul.

I am sure the process is similar however there must be different settings for Verizon's network.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Well there are actually a couple of threads addressing this issue..

I am actually posting this while teathered to my xv6800..

THere are several routes you can go YOu can purchase a 3rd party program either PDA net or USB modem and that will allow you to do USB and BLue tooth with the stock verizon firmware. I did this but did not really like the performance of either.

Id suggest flashing DCD's clean rom for our phones it will add the internet sharing program to your computer and then you can very simply teather your phone to your laptop by just starting up the connection sharing program and plugging the phone into your computer.

This is the way I did it I flashed to DCD's clean rom and am teathered through the wifi router program found on xda fourms..

Good luck and search around a bit a few ppl have done it..

beback 03-07-2008 10:52 PM

Re: Verizon and XV6800 Internet Tethering

Hey ALL,

Does it look that xv6700 Verizon is the only phone that is tethering with the laptop for $45? I was reading threads for xv6800 and there is no luck so far. Anybody have an outlook? Any ideas are greatly appreciated (or links). Not the economy drives me. thrills. I am thinking to get another Verizon offspring, but don't want to end up paying them extra $15. Or maybe I should support them.... Although I hate capitalist sharks...

Pasukun 03-07-2008 10:57 PM

I can tether my VX6800 to my laptop or computer just fine.

ddrum 03-08-2008 02:55 PM

Are you using the stock ROM or did you flash?

If you are using the stock ROM, what are you using to tether?

kdj67f 03-08-2008 07:19 PM

I also tethered with the stock ROM, all it took was a call to CS to fix the issue with the tether block when I first got it. I also pay for tethering and unlimited data.

I flashed to DCD ROMS (probably all of them) and have had an active Internet Connection Sharing program built in since. Try flashing and let us know if they knick you the tethering fee.

dkincaid 03-08-2008 08:38 PM

I use PDAnet and really like it. I have tried other methods, but I really find that this program really works well for me.

rmancl 03-08-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddrum (Post 207545)
Are you using the stock ROM or did you flash?

If you are using the stock ROM, what are you using to tether?

i was able to tether using the stock rom, i just installed internet connection sharing cab file
i also installed wmwifirouter which let me share internet via wifi adhoc connection

here's a link to download ics to install on stock rom....
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....ICSInstall.CAB
after install just start and choose usb and then connect to pc, windows will automatically add it as an internet device

KJC 03-31-2008 04:44 PM

Iv'e tried and tried and it keeps telling me my login is incorrect. Can you check and
see if it's working? Thanks!

I'm curious where you got this file I can't find it anywhere but here! :)

Nickles 03-31-2008 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beback (Post 207022)
Hey ALL,

Does it look that xv6700 Verizon is the only phone that is tethering with the laptop for $45? I was reading threads for xv6800 and there is no luck so far. Anybody have an outlook? Any ideas are greatly appreciated (or links). Not the economy drives me. thrills. I am thinking to get another Verizon offspring, but don't want to end up paying them extra $15. Or maybe I should support them.... Although I hate capitalist sharks...

you CANNOT tether successfully with Verizon unless you subscribe to their BBA (broadband access) feature, which is, yep, $15.00 smackers per month.
your unlimited 'Data' plan for $45.00, DOES NOT INCLUDE THE TETHERING.
this is a minor little detail they omit when selling you the phone and going over all the details !

see my sig for your tether solution.. i'm just posting whats already out there initiated by others.. i in no way encourage or participate in this myself !!