PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2; HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stufftpeazy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon and XV6800 Internet Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmancl View Post
i was able to tether using the stock rom, i just installed internet connection sharing cab file
i also installed wmwifirouter which let me share internet via wifi adhoc connection

here's a link to download ics to install on stock rom....
ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....ICSInstall.CAB
after install just start and choose usb and then connect to pc, windows will automatically add it as an internet device
I seem to need a username and password to help me download this file. Can you help me with this?
Old 09-13-2008, 09:06 AM
Lurker

ToddABraun is a n00b

I didn't see a response to the person who needed the username and password. I ran into the same issue - even after registering on the site.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:08 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I get that sometimes too. Just go to ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com then manually path to /Titan/Users/rmancl/ICSInstall.CAB to download the cab.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am just now using verizon stock ROM for the first time and trying to get all the things "unbroken" in it... ICS is something I used quite frequently in custom ROMs and want to get it working in mr1 as well... I tried installing the ICSInstall.CAB but am still having problems getting ICS working... my computer gets an IP from my device over DHCP but the internet doesn't appear to work... I tried pinging 192.168.0.1 and no go.

Is somethin else broken in verizon ROM to allow ICS?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gruvylou is a n00b
Exclamation Re: Verizon and XV6800 Internet Tethering

hello everyone. i just wanted to share something i've stumbled across. i d-loaded the ics cab and wmwifirouter cab from the xda ftp and installed and ran wmwifirouter..worked beautifully..i then shut down wifirouter and ran the actual ics program to establish a bluetooth connection with a pda..also worked fine..i then restarted wifirouter and connected a laptop through wifi and got the dreaded verizon screen talking about paying for the tethering service.. i then uninstalled ics did soft reset and reinstalled ics..ran wifirouter again and everything was cool again...i guess running the actual ics program initiates the verizon charge screen and remains no matter how you teather thereafter....hope this helps...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

elisherer is a n00b

OK... so digging back tostep by step.

Download the ICS and WMWifiRouter CAB files and install both.

Which one should I run to do this safely? Shall I NOT run the ICS applicaiton? What's the risk here?

Sorry for acting Newbie... just trying to get it right.

-Eli
Old 11-17-2008, 09:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: VZW 6850
Carrier: VZW

BigDASH is a n00b

running the ics cab should do it, at least that was how it was done on the 6700. the 6800 seems to run activesync and kill the internet connection everyminute or so. I have not been able to connect any longer than a minute via ICS.

I was using a cooked nueRom and I just tried the newest ppckitchen rom. I even had the mr1 rom installed and was unable to get it running.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

elisherer is a n00b

So it will kill it when I activesync? I only do that when I plug in... which is a couple of times a day...
Old 11-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by beback View Post
Hey ALL,

Does it look that xv6700 Verizon is the only phone that is tethering with the laptop for $45? I was reading threads for xv6800 and there is no luck so far. Anybody have an outlook? Any ideas are greatly appreciated (or links). Not the economy drives me. thrills. I am thinking to get another Verizon offspring, but don't want to end up paying them extra $15. Or maybe I should support them.... Although I hate capitalist sharks...
check this out
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1226687293

i have a 6800 with the 29.99 unlimited data plan and look at my usage!!!

Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

bradleyem is just getting started

Ok, I have been trying for several months to get tethering to work on my Verizon XV6800. I ued to use DUN via bluetooth, and it worked great, but now no matter how I try to tether, I always end up getting the Verizon "to subscribe to broadband access, dial 1-800-bend-over and pay us more money" screen. I already pay over $45 a month for unlimited data (I got my plan before they lowered the rate to $30. When I first got it I was paying around $60/mo for unlimited data. I think that it stopped working for me when I first cooked a WM6.1 ROM. Every time that I try it I have to call Verizon and have them reprovision my data, and make up some lame excuse about having to do a hard reset.

So, how can I make this work? I have a bluetooth adapter and a wifi card for my laptop, so either one is fine. I just need help on which porogram to use, and how to set it up so that I won't have to call the "helpful" people at big red again and try to walk THEIR tech support people through how to reprovision the data for my phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan