PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 03:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: Alltel soon to be VZW

tk4223 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan or Touch

I just talked to a rep at my local Alltel store and they will be releasing the Touch sometime this month. I was wondering if it was really worth switching from my Titan to the Touch.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tarblueriver is a n00b
search too many topics on this subject
Old 01-03-2008, 04:00 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk4223 View Post
I just talked to a rep at my local Alltel store and they will be releasing the Touch sometime this month. I was wondering if it was really worth switching from my Titan to the Touch.
I didnt know they were going to be releasing the Touch on Alltel...

I think I will keep my PPC 6800. I just like it too much right now.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Automaton is keeping up the good workAutomaton is keeping up the good work
If you really need a pocket *PC* then get the Titan. If you want a cool phone with some internet browsing, get the Touch. I wanted the hardware keyboard because I do a lot of typing, and use the phone to log into servers with SSH. Done just go by the user interface because all of the touch features have been ported to the Titan with some hacking pretty much.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:33 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Automaton View Post
If you really need a pocket *PC* then get the Titan. If you want a cool phone with some internet browsing, get the Touch. I wanted the hardware keyboard because I do a lot of typing, and use the phone to log into servers with SSH. Done just go by the user interface because all of the touch features have been ported to the Titan with some hacking pretty much.
There have been so many Mogul vs Touch threads and I have been wanting to say that...

But I agree with Automaton. I went with Alltel just to get the black version of the PPC 6800 and even though the Touch may soon come to a Alltel store near you, I am sticking with my precious... (using the Golum voice over)
Old 01-03-2008, 05:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
...It's kind of biased to be asking the Titan v. Touch question in the Titan forums, isn't it? lol.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprin

dreamerboy is a n00b
I went to a Sprint store yesterday to try the Touch because I'm still in my 30 day return period with the Mogul and have been unhappy with some things about it. The Touch was clearly faster--it was so delicious to see how responsive it was due to the DOUBLE RAM, but I got so irritated with using the screen to type that I got it out of my system real fast! It was very, very annoying because--as far as I could tell--it didn't have 1 letter assigned per "key" but rather 3, which made it very difficult to type. I think I am spoiled with full hardware keyboards on phones because I've been using them for around 4 years now.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Just ask yourself if you can live without a hardware keyboard and WiFi. I probably could have done without the keyboard myself, but the lack of WiFi is a deal breaker for me. Plus, Rev A is still up in the air for the Touch. I'm sticking with my Mogul for a long time.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Its all just a matter of preference really. I hardly ever used the wifi on my mogul because of evdo speeds and once I started using the pcm keyboard with the skin I'm using now, I started using my hardware keyboard less....and...less...and...less. So there are plenty of keyboard options to go with. My mogul was too much of a problem for me
Old 01-03-2008, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul PPC 6800

Mkostera1 is keeping up the good workMkostera1 is keeping up the good work
Yea, it pretty much comes down how much you use your slide out keyboard. Im still on my 30 days, i think im gonna keep the mogul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan