PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo
Carrier: Sprint

supahfly112 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Saying adios to the Mogul...

First and foremost, let me say thank you to everyone and anyone who has attempted to help me on this forum. There are several reasons I have now decided to put my mogul on Ebay this weekend.
  1. Bluetooth - When I am using the bluetooth headset and talking to someone, and it all of a sudden switches back to the phone and the bluetooth connection gets lost, I can't tell you how aggravating it is. As if that wasn't enough, when I used my Holux M1200 GPS receiver (bought new and works fine with my dad's Treo 700W and with my PPC-6700 in the past,) and TOMTOM software on my Mogul and depended on that to get me to a job interview, it turned out to be a complete disaster. The bluetooth kept going out and needless to say I was late to the interview. Yes I should've checked mapquest or something but as I said, I've never had a problem with it in the past with the other two phones.
  2. WMP - 70% of any MP3's I transfer to my phone, windows media player deems it "not compatible" with no explanation given as to why.
  3. MMS - This was the final draw. This was the situation that made my poke myself in the eye with the stylus. I have two 6800's at home. One is my wife's, one is mine. Initially I had the following softwares installed on both phones: SPB pocket Plus, SPB pocket traveler, SPB weather, SBP insight, Resco Radio, Resco explorer, SPB registry, Conversions in hand, Handmark Tetris, Handmark Trivial pursuit, and Lexigoo dictionary. Then I did a web search for the MMS cab and found PPCGeeks.com. I installed the MMS cab on both phones and it didn't work. It said "failed to send or receive messages" with a blue envelope in the task bar. I did the registry edit, made sure all the specifications were correct, no luck. Then I did a hard reset and installed everything and the MMS cab included the MMS size limit hack and it kept telling me my sending size limit is 0kb. I figured out for some reason if I don't install the mms size limit hack then I was no longer getting that error, but nevertheless, I couldn't send or receive messages. I assumed the problem is that somewhere in the system files or registry, something is getting edited making the MMS software unuseable. Did hard reset again, installed MMS cab as the first thing, worked fine, then installed my softwares, and then MMS didn't work (same blue envelope.) So by process of elimination and some 15 - 20 hard resets later, MMS finally worked as long as I don't install anything more than the following softwares: SPB pocket plus, Resco Radio, Resco explorer, HTC Touch album, and HTC today Screen plugin (htchome56.cab file found on this forum.) It's been about a week since then and now I'm getting the same blue envelope and same error again. I haven not installed/uninstalled anything, have not made any registry edits, have not synced with PC. literrally haven't done anything other then send/receive calls, texts, and MMS.
Even though the 6700 worked out much better for me, after using the Mogul, I don't want to deal with the bulky size, downgrade to 1MP camera, and deal with the not-so-soft sliding. I don't want to get the touch for obvious reasons (wifi, no keyboard, etc.) So I figured, I'm going to pull out my ancient Sprint Blade (A900) and deal with that until sprint can come out with something better, or maybe one of the other carriers offer something that may be almost as advanced yet not so frustrating.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:46 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
I am sad to see another Mogul user leave but I wish you the best in your future PDA endeavors...

Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I feel for you man. The only reason that I am still here is because there are no other options for me.

If there were a phone with a qwerty keyboard and sprints evdo service for $15 a month and didn't use minutes to be connected. I'd gladly pay my termination fee and jump ships like a pirate.

There are just no options....yet.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b
I need a larger Qwerty keyboard and the Q didn't cut it for me. Tried a BB too and although some people hate WM I prefer it to anything out there right now. I'm kind of "stuck" with the Mogul right now as well.

Plus ecare and I have become great friends over the past year or so and I've widdled my plan down to $90/mon which includes am unlimted data card plus my mogul with pretty much unlimted everything except for mins of course... I'm staying with Sprint... just wish they'd have a better phone selection like say Verizon does...
Old 01-04-2008, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

vMAC is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I feel for you man. The only reason that I am still here is because there are no other options for me.

If there were a phone with a qwerty keyboard and sprints evdo service for $15 a month and didn't use minutes to be connected. I'd gladly pay my termination fee and jump ships like a pirate.

There are just no options....yet.
You must not get out much, there is the LG Rumor, Treo 700, 755 , Centro, and every RIM phone "Curve" that have a qwerty use sprints evdo service for $15 a month and doesn't use minutes when connected.

Anyways I'm giving sprint and HTC another month, then I'll jump ship too, tired of playing with this beta unit.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

otacon72 is a n00b
That's why I love Ebay...lol If something better comes out in the new few months... Mogul goes on the auction block...
Old 01-04-2008, 01:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

CDRacingZX6R is a n00b
Only thing I'll be trading my mogul in for is whatever replaces it on sprint. Hopefully a version of the Tytn II!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

jason559 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via ICQ to jason559 Send a message via MSN to jason559
My issue too, nobody can touch my plan on another network and I'm still on the $10 data plan, add in 25% in monthly discounts for past troubles and I'm stuck with sprint.

Now, if they'd only get some good PDA phones w/keyboard. PLEAZE!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:21 AM
N00b

savy1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to savy1
Sprints Picture Mail sucks ... Hands Down.....

but a 50 dollar a month bill does ownz.. So what do you do next?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vMAC View Post
You must not get out much, there is the LG Rumor, Treo 700, 755 , Centro, and every RIM phone "Curve" that have a qwerty use sprints evdo service for $15 a month and doesn't use minutes when connected.

Anyways I'm giving sprint and HTC another month, then I'll jump ship too, tired of playing with this beta unit.
I forgot to say touch screen too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan