PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Lurker

eracer82 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is anybody getting faster data speeds with new ROM?

I've searched but can't find the definative answer. My speed is actually a little slower since I updated to the new ROM. Sprint was no help when I called them (surprise).
Old 03-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Is anybody getting faster data speeds with new ROM?

Its not just depend on your PPC, it also depends on cell tower usage and much more. I can test during the day and have good speeds. At morning rush hour and afternoon its trerrible.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

alabij is a n00b

Mine too has gone down since the new ROM - from 892kbits to about 352kbits steady.

The 350 range is still sufficient for my slingbox though so I'm not that bothered.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

eracer82 is a n00b

I've been in three supposed EVDO rev. A regions since upgrading (Detroit, Minneapolis, and Las Vegas), and in each I tested many times with dslreports.com. My download speeds ranged from 400 to 600 kbit/sec. they were 600 to 700 before upgrading (all in the Detroit area).
Old 03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After I moved from ROM 3.16/Radio 3.27 to the official 3.35/3.35, my speeds were down considerably. My latency also went through the roof, often with pings in the 600-750 ms range. I played with all kinds of settings trying to fix it. Flashed back to previous ROMs and then reflashed 3.35, changed DNS servers, etc. Eventually I decided to just put 3.35 on and leave it. I updated PRL to 60611 and now everything is going great. Can't say for sure if it was one of the reflashes, the PRL update, or what. You might want to start with an updated PRL though.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I download has not increase much, but I can tell you this that the uplaod speed has double!

It make a big difference.

Now when I do Remote Desktop to my PC at home, the reaction/interaction is more lively!
Old 03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: titan
Carrier: sprint

yosh is a n00b

call sprint CS and request a HLR reload and you can also try loading a newer PRL such as 60711 that you can find here -> http://www.corolada.com/prl/
Old 03-22-2008, 10:48 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

eracer82 is a n00b

Called Sprint and got a PRL upgrade. I went from 60610 to 40408????? Does this sound right to any body? My data speeds are about the same, with upload speed at a pitiful 10kbits/sec.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eracer82 View Post
Called Sprint and got a PRL upgrade. I went from 60610 to 40408????? Does this sound right to any body? My data speeds are about the same, with upload speed at a pitiful 10kbits/sec.
I'd go to the Corolada link above and download either 60611 or 60711. You'll need your MSL in order to manually update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan