PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Has anyone thought about... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15245)

wasupwithuman 01-04-2008 02:31 AM

Has anyone thought about...

Since the 6800 is unlocked now... How about getting a group of people together to create... an iphone like rom... I'm talking about hacking the crap out of this phone... The whole today screen to look alike... built-in slide to unlock... screen sensitivity changed... the whole nine yards... I don't know if it's possible but i'll do all i can to help... let me know what everyone thinks....

nuguy 01-04-2008 10:46 AM

sell your titan - go get an iPhone - be happy.

aughsum 01-04-2008 10:49 AM

because iphones, like macs, are for children and the elderly?

id never get anything done with that interface.. there are plenty of software suites that will give you an iphone interface but I agree with the last comment, you should probably just buy an iphone..

yakky 01-04-2008 11:04 AM

I thought about it too, however the apps that make it iphone like change by the day and loading them in a rom would make updates a PITA.

neilson 01-04-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aughsum (Post 154462)
because iphones, like macs, are for children and the elderly?

id never get anything done with that interface.. there are plenty of software suites that will give you an iphone interface but I agree with the last comment, you should probably just buy an iphone..

We want our cake and eat it too.

Keep that sweet beautiful SERO plan from Sprint but also hack the hell out of our phones to make it iPhone-ized.

We want to keep Sprint and we want to make our phone iPhone-ized.

schettj 01-04-2008 12:07 PM

Meh... get an ipod touch, and use the wifi sharing stuff on your mogul for anywhere web access ;)

pflatlyne 01-04-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuguy (Post 154459)
sell your titan - go get an i-Phone - be happy.

That might be an option,if the i-Phone had a hardware keyboard,if it could run a decent selection of programs, if its internet access wasn't obsolete (the real internet, like it was in 1995),and if there were decently priced data plans for it. As it is,like someone said,we want our cake,and want to eat it to. I want a device with all these features,and all the features of the i-Phone. Since we cant add decent data access or a hardware keyboard to the i-Phone,and since the AT&T is unlikely to change their pricing plan because I asked them nicely,I have a mogul,and I hack it to make it exactly what I want.

nuguy 01-04-2008 10:17 PM

If, If, If...
If your uncle had tits he'd be your aunt...

I'm sorry I just don't have time to get the fascination...

I would say schettj had a good suggestion for you, otherwise from my observations what you will have is a much more finicky device that will most definitly crash just when you are trying to show someone how your titan is just like a device that can't do half of what yours can... (and that device will still blow yours away at the lil' bit it excells at).

You want to keep going, that's quite fine, knock your socks off, and I'm pretty sure you will get lot's of sheeple who will download and try anything you can post that looks like an iPhone. I might even try something in a drunken moment of weakness, but at the end of the day, for me, it is all about the steak - not just the sizzle.

Make something stable that does not weaken my device, intuitive and robust, and I won't mind if it happens to look like an iPhone!

gguruusa 01-04-2008 11:05 PM

sheeple...rofl.

itsall_cooool 01-05-2008 04:47 AM

iPhone envy is an ugly thing

but then we also have people creating "touchflo' for the Mogul too

trade down and get your flashy interfaces "sheeple", I for one am keeping my keyoard, its much easier for my cloven hooves....