PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 02:58 PM
N00b

Tyorik is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So, my Mogul is being a douche...

Well, first off, hi!

I've been meandering around these forums for a little while now, picking up tips and such. Now comes my HUGE annoyance,

So about a week ago I had an intermittent problem of my phone going into standby and then not responding to the power button anymore. Now... It does it ALL the time; it started doing it consistently after I tried to do the "keep playing wmp audio in standby" thing. After I changed the "flag" to 00400000 and then hit the power button (It could've just been coincidence, I'm not necessarily saying that this caused the problem) to test it out, it wouldn't come on anymore. I had to keep popping the battery out and turning it back on in order to get it to do anything. So, that's my predicament, I don't know what's causing it, but it's SOOOOO aggravating and I don't know what to do. I went to Alltel already and they're trying a mailorder swap (So they're sending me a new one), but I'd prefer to get this one up and running if possible.

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:04 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Welcome Tyorik,

To start, let me ask...are you running the stock rom? Do you have any tweaks enabled related to the WMP? I have the Alltel PPC 6800 as well.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

dprout69 is just getting started
You know I can do a lot of amazing things with my phone but using it as a douche... now that's a good party trick
Old 01-03-2008, 03:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800

so-stlouis is a n00b
Well i haven't tweaked my ppc 6800 sprint edition yet...but mines does the same thing. And its annoying to have to do a soft reset and some of your text messages aren't there anymore
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

pgdeaner is a n00b
I know this is a pain, but have you tried a hard reset with the latest stock ROM and not adding any applications? If it still does it on a stock ROM with no apps installed then I'd say you need to swap your phone. If not then try adding your (applications/reg hacks) back one at a time.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

elosogrande7076 is keeping up the good workelosogrande7076 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgdeaner View Post
I know this is a pain, but have you tried a hard reset with the latest stock ROM and not adding any applications? If it still does it on a stock ROM with no apps installed then I'd say you need to swap your phone. If not then try adding your (applications/reg hacks) back one at a time.

Hope that helps.
I too had the same problem with mine, i am with sprint. I did do a hard reset a couple times and even reloaded the 2.17 rom for kicks but each time i the same thing was happening with mine also; and this is with no applications added.....i am not sure what the op was referring to with wmp, i havent done anything with my wmp but i have the same problem. I went to sprint and was able to get them to reorder me another (after waiting 2hrs for the tech to come back and tell me that it was due to the software i had on the phone and just to do a hard reset and I will be fine...mind u i told him that i already did that, and he didnt take the time to try that option his self).....on a side note, i have the replacement mogul and am noticing that it has done it a couple times still so im not sure whats going on....
________
Long beach organics dispensaries

Last edited by elosogrande7076; 09-08-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TardoPro
Carrier: Boost

yakky is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 View Post
I too had the same problem with mine, i am with sprint. I did do a hard reset a couple times and even reloaded the 2.17 rom for kicks but each time i the same thing was happening with mine also; and this is with no applications added.....i am not sure what the op was referring to with wmp, i havent done anything with my wmp but i have the same problem. I went to sprint and was able to get them to reorder me another (after waiting 2hrs for the tech to come back and tell me that it was due to the software i had on the phone and just to do a hard reset and I will be fine...mind u i told him that i already did that, and he didnt take the time to try that option his self).....on a side note, i have the replacement mogul and am noticing that it has done it a couple times still so im not sure whats going on....
The OP needs to do a hard reset first... but your issue sounds like the issue with the 1.47 radio I had. I'd get lockups, now that I'm on 2.17 with the 1.4 radio my phone has been great about not locking up.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

christak is becoming a great contributor
I agree -- the 1.47 radio was doing that with the 2.16 ROM on my Mogul. The 1.40 radio fixed that issue for me...
Old 01-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprin

dreamerboy is a n00b
I have the same problem. I'm on the 2.17 rom with the 1.47 radio. Very vanilla setup with all the Sprint crap and no registry tweaks yet...just a couple of programs. But the 1st lockup I had was before I even added those. It locks up when in standby mode around once every 2-3 days on average. Even though that's not very frequent, it's infuriating because I'm always wondering if my phone is frozen and I'm missing calls (I called it once when it was locked up and indeed the call didn't come through). I'm glad to hear that this might fix if I change to the 1.40 radio; I will try that and report back.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
weird, running the 1.47 radio + 2.17, no lockups, no problems on mine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan