PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 10:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell PPC 6800
Carrier: Bell

z24's rule is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink How to Reset Bell HTC PPC 6800

I've been told I need to Hard reset(don't know if that’s the name) to reset all the settings etc.

I've sold my phone owning it for only 1 week and I don't want any personal info if any on it.

I've tried that little reset button on the bottom of the phone but it just resets and nothing else.

I've already been in my windows Mobile and Deleted my videos-music etc but where it says owners contact info I'm not sure at all and I've also been on the net with it and want my websites etc deleted to.

So that’s why I was told a Hard reset had to be done, But don't have a clue how its done.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Just hold in the two soft buttons and push the little reset button at the same time, and follow the directions on the screen.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint model)
Carrier: VZW

TrainSafe is just getting started
Baffles is correct. You'll know if it works, because you'll get a dim screen asking if you want to clear all your info. If OK, you'll have to press 'y' on the keypad. There are no fancy graphics, just plain 'ol text.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Bell PPC 6800
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

z24's rule is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Just hold in the two soft buttons and push the little reset button at the same time, and follow the directions on the screen.
what side??? what buttons

On the left I have the wheel and the ok button etc

On the right I have,Power button,flight button thing,camera
Old 01-03-2008, 11:36 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
no on the front of the phone. on my sprint they are two (.).
Old 01-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSafe View Post
Baffles is correct. You'll know if it works, because you'll get a dim screen asking if you want to clear all your info. If OK, you'll have to press 'y' on the keypad. There are no fancy graphics, just plain 'ol text.
Last time I did it, i could have sworn it said hit "R" not "Y". I thought it was weird you didn't hit "y".

The two soft buttons are the ones with the "." on them below the screen. The reset button is that one you have to poke with your stylus down by the USB/microSD ports.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan