PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you guys have any problems synching podcasts with these players? I have gone back and forth with a number of systems but have come back to WMP because I am sorta stuck with WMDC (Vista) and there are always some issues with synching music and podcasts.

I have noticed that my WAV files now get transferred to WMA files at 320bps, and the sound is very good through my S9 headset.

BTW, I am no fan of Microsoft and would love to find a better way.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:43 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I just use pocketrss on the phone to download my podcasts via wifi and play em in mortplayer. What is this sync you speak of?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

akijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good workakijikan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just started using Pocket Player...not bad.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I just use pocketrss on the phone to download my podcasts via wifi and play em in mortplayer. What is this sync you speak of?
The Vista version of ActiveSync (AS) is called Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC)... it is required to sync the Microsoft media players on the PC and PDA. The Vista version is more reliable than previous versions. The problem is their Media Player does not download podcasts, so you have to get another program to do this, and I use iTunes. I tried WinAmp but is is bug-riden and Juice is feature-less and hard to control.

The fact that you have to go iTunes -> PC WMP11 -> PDA WMP is a recipe for confusion... have to limit which libraries sync from PC otherwise tries to fill the PDA with all your music. I tried to short-circuit this by downloading podcasts directly to the PDA using Egress, but that had a lot of reliability problems too and I did not have access to podcasts on the PC.

As you can see, I am addicted to podcasts.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

johnnychimpo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I tried the demo of PP 3 and it takes all the songs from my mix cds and puts them into separate tracks. WTF
Old 01-04-2008, 04:12 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
if your podcasts are anywhere but iTunes, then they should just be mp3 files served up via rss feeds. Get any of 1000 rss feed readers for windows mobile (happy jack road's pocketrss is free) and subscribe to your feeds on the phone. Then you can bypass all that crap

But yeah, if you live in iTunes (I get all my video podcasts there) then you would need to do some work to get the files over. All my itunes stuff just runs into my ipod touch. Yeah, back to carrying two things again (mogul and ipod touch) but at least they're getting smaller

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan