PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rdzlyz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Im about to switch back to my Treo! heres Why!

well im getting tired of the mogul missing calls, i have alot of friends and they call me alot and they are telling me that most of the times they cant get a hold of me and im getting tired of it. I mean the Mogul is great but missing calls makes me want to go back to my treo. What do you guys think?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Talking

i know im going to regret it but ok ill bite. this is what i think cause u did ask/ i do tech support all day long as my job, so first question; Have u actually sat down and had someone call u and know that they are calling and it is not getting thru. like u and your wife (lets say) r in the living room of your house and your wife on her cell phone would call u and no ringing would occur. Of course u know that their are other things that could count for calls from time to time to not get thru. next of coarse is the question as to have u installed a custom rom or still using a stock rom version. Can u get text messages with out any problems/ lets say i just tried to call u but i go straight to voice mail, so i text u to let u know i just called, have u any trouble getting text? / and finally the thing u seem to not realize in your statement is that u presuppose that everyone else is experiencing the same issue, and that all mogul phones miss callls/ Did it ever occur to u that maybe u might just have a defective phone and that getting a new 1 would not have the same problem.
And now to answer your question, if i kept missing calls and determined it was the phone, Hell Yea, i would get another 1. For me it would be another mogul, but hey u can get whatever u want, thats the beauty of it, but if u were my friend i would say, hurry up and get another phone or something because ive been calling u, its happy hour and drinks r on me .
Old 12-30-2007, 06:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

rdzlyz is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
i know im going to regret it but ok ill bite. this is what i think cause u did ask/ i do tech support all day long as my job, so first question; Have u actually sat down and had someone call u and know that they are calling and it is not getting thru. like u and your wife (lets say) r in the living room of your house and your wife on her cell phone would call u and no ringing would occur. Of course u know that their are other things that could count for calls from time to time to not get thru. next of coarse is the question as to have u installed a custom rom or still using a stock rom version. Can u get text messages with out any problems/ lets say i just tried to call u but i go straight to voice mail, so i text u to let u know i just called, have u any trouble getting text? / and finally the thing u seem to not realize in your statement is that u presuppose that everyone else is experiencing the same issue, and that all mogul phones miss callls/ Did it ever occur to u that maybe u might just have a defective phone and that getting a new 1 would not have the same problem.
And now to answer your question, if i kept missing calls and determined it was the phone, Hell Yea, i would get another 1. For me it would be another mogul, but hey u can get whatever u want, thats the beauty of it, but if u were my friend i would say, hurry up and get another phone or something because ive been calling u, its happy hour and drinks r on me .
lol thats really funny so you think i should get another mogul to fix it and well yess im runnning the DCD 1.67 custom rom and yes i receive texts jus fine.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:47 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
First thing I would suggest is that you install a stock 2.17 rom (no customized versions) and try to receive a call. If it works fine then its something you've installed manually or through the custom ROM.

Also, do you have an active data session in progress on a 1x connection? If so, that will cause the call to go to voicemail and not ring at all.

Another thing to try is to adjust the slot cycle index. Look in the reg tweaks section as it will make the phone realize its getting a call sooner.

Old 12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/Mogul/TouchPro/TouchPro2/EVO rooted

itsall_cooool is keeping up the good workitsall_cooool is keeping up the good work
Missing calls

My phone actually works really well for me but where I plugged my phone in to charge was a weird dead spot.... I moved the charger to another socket and set the phone on a diff table and now I no longer miss calls. Weird stuff.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:12 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
yep
check
A) * 1x data (will block all calls - go directly to voicemail as I dimly recall from the "vision" days)
B) * setting a ringer that is on the storage card.
C) * too much crap running (no free memory)
D) * slot cycle index, change to 1

The last one is the fix, if all the others are not the problem

Test 1:
Call cell from home phone. Count rings you hear before your cell rings (if at all)
If no ring, Look at mogul... if it says 1X and the arrows are solid, you're screwed. Move to an EVDO area, or try not to use data services. If not (A) move on...

Test 2:
Soft reset cell, try again. Better? Then (C) is likely the issue.

Test 3:
Set ringer to vibe only, try again... Better? Then (B) is likely the issue. Move ringer to internal memory, retest. Better? There you go.

Test 4:
If none of that helped, then you really really should change your SCI to 2 or 1, and then try again. Actually, you should change it no matter what

Best of luck.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
i had similar issues until installing the stock 2.17 rom. I'm on my 9th handset since april. It works fine now.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
D) * slot cycle index, change to 1
I had the same problem when I first got my 6800.I would sit on the couch and call my cell from my home phone and the home phone would ring 5 times before my cell rang once.I changed my slot cycle index to 0 and it fix it for me. Now I don't think setting my slot cycle index to 0 uses more battery than it did at the default at least I haven't noticed a big difference and I use my ppc alot.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:32 AM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

bimmerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsme420 View Post
I had the same problem when I first got my 6800.I would sit on the couch and call my cell from my home phone and the home phone would ring 5 times before my cell rang once.I changed my slot cycle index to 0 and it fix it for me. Now I don't think setting my slot cycle index to 0 uses more battery than it did at the default at least I haven't noticed a big difference and I use my ppc alot.
How do I do this?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:53 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerman View Post
How do I do this?
Tip #19 at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5108

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan