PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Always wonder why people ask these questions on the forum of one of the specific choices. If we're here, we're likely to be biased towards the Titan. People used to ask on the DS forum on IGN whether they should buy a DS or PSP, which made no sense.

Still, you've gotten a few smart people who've actually asked you about your needs, which is good. If you want a phone with some extra smartphone and touchscreen abilities, lean toward the Touch. If you want a Pocket PC and actual keyboard and the phone functionality is slightly secondary to that, stick with a Titan. Personally I couldn't do without the keyboard, and I use it more of text, e-mail, web, books, etc. than talking on it, so a Touch would never do for me.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
I hardly ever used the wifi on my mogul because of evdo speeds...
True, EVDO is generally fast enough for anything you want to do on the phone. I can't give up built in WiFi though because it allows you to share that wonderful EVDO connection with virtually any other device.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularajones7279 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to ajones7279 Send a message via Yahoo to ajones7279
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Always wonder why people ask these questions on the forum of one of the specific choices. If we're here, we're likely to be biased towards the Titan. People used to ask on the DS forum on IGN whether they should buy a DS or PSP, which made no sense.

Still, you've gotten a few smart people who've actually asked you about your needs, which is good. If you want a phone with some extra smartphone and touchscreen abilities, lean toward the Touch. If you want a Pocket PC and actual keyboard and the phone functionality is slightly secondary to that, stick with a Titan. Personally I couldn't do without the keyboard, and I use it more of text, e-mail, web, books, etc. than talking on it, so a Touch would never do for me.
I agree on the fact that this is most likely biased since this is in a titan forum. I use my touch yo text and surf more than anything tho. I'm typing just as fast if not faster than I was on my mogul. If u ask me, its more of a comfort and preference type thing when it comes to choosing between these phones. All of the things that were hacked to be put in the mogul to make it look better, htc home etc., are already on the touch and the increased ram makes it a lot better. The mogul would've been a good phone it performed to its full capabilities. Havent had any problems with the touch tho

Last edited by ajones7279; 01-03-2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:32 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
You know... I think it's that slide out keyboard.
Many Mogul/PPC6800 users are former Apache/PPC6700 users and included to that group are those who havent but now have a dedicated keyboard. It makes the multimedia experience of texting, emailing, etc a breeze. I am so use to the keyboard (former 6700 user myself) that I have a hard time giving it up and 64mb more ram isn't enough to sway me...
But like everything, technology dictates form & function and away with the keyboard & wifi because they will go because they will be obsolete.
EV-DO is getting only faster and cheaper EVERYWHERE and so wifi will not be needed. Touchpal and the like have demonstrated that a on-screen keyboard can be utilized with precision & speed.

But for now...it's me and my 6800. I love you 6800.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Alltel

kipp438 is a n00b
A couple weeks ago I was also undecided between the Mogul, or waiting to see if Alltel eventually got the Touch. I was set on the Mogul, because I didn't want to just wait and see if the Touch came out on Alltel.

This morning the Touch magically appeared on Alltel's web site. $50 cheaper than the Mogul! "Pre-order" status, so it should be really soon.

I have decided that I don't need wifi or keyboard. Other than that, is there anything one can do better than the other? I hear the Touch is a little faster because of the ram.

For you Touch users, how do you play games without a keyboard? Not that gaming is a priority, but it would be nice from time to time.

Thanks to the original poster, I know this topic has been beat to death "touch v. titan" but I think it helps (at least me) to have a current thread about it, especially now that another carrier has the Touch.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

GulfportRMG is a n00b
According to the local retail Alltel store, the Touch will be in stores on Jan 10. I'm still in the 15 day trial period for my 6800 and I will definately be returning it for the Touch. The 6800 has been way too unstable requiring several soft resets every day.

Its a SILVER Touch too! Kinda like the black better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipp438 View Post
A couple weeks ago I was also undecided between the Mogul, or waiting to see if Alltel eventually got the Touch. I was set on the Mogul, because I didn't want to just wait and see if the Touch came out on Alltel.

This morning the Touch magically appeared on Alltel's web site. $50 cheaper than the Mogul! "Pre-order" status, so it should be really soon.

I have decided that I don't need wifi or keyboard. Other than that, is there anything one can do better than the other? I hear the Touch is a little faster because of the ram.

For you Touch users, how do you play games without a keyboard? Not that gaming is a priority, but it would be nice from time to time.

Thanks to the original poster, I know this topic has been beat to death "touch v. titan" but I think it helps (at least me) to have a current thread about it, especially now that another carrier has the Touch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan