PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   So, my Mogul is being a douche... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=15192)

Tyorik 01-03-2008 02:58 PM

So, my Mogul is being a douche...

Well, first off, hi!

I've been meandering around these forums for a little while now, picking up tips and such. Now comes my HUGE annoyance,

So about a week ago I had an intermittent problem of my phone going into standby and then not responding to the power button anymore. Now... It does it ALL the time; it started doing it consistently after I tried to do the "keep playing wmp audio in standby" thing. After I changed the "flag" to 00400000 and then hit the power button (It could've just been coincidence, I'm not necessarily saying that this caused the problem) to test it out, it wouldn't come on anymore. I had to keep popping the battery out and turning it back on in order to get it to do anything. So, that's my predicament, I don't know what's causing it, but it's SOOOOO aggravating and I don't know what to do. I went to Alltel already and they're trying a mailorder swap (So they're sending me a new one), but I'd prefer to get this one up and running if possible.

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.
Thanks!

xweaponx 01-03-2008 03:04 PM

Welcome Tyorik,

To start, let me ask...are you running the stock rom? Do you have any tweaks enabled related to the WMP? I have the Alltel PPC 6800 as well.

dprout69 01-03-2008 03:07 PM

You know I can do a lot of amazing things with my phone but using it as a douche... now that's a good party trick

so-stlouis 01-03-2008 03:21 PM

Well i haven't tweaked my ppc 6800 sprint edition yet...but mines does the same thing. And its annoying to have to do a soft reset and some of your text messages aren't there anymore

pgdeaner 01-03-2008 03:24 PM

I know this is a pain, but have you tried a hard reset with the latest stock ROM and not adding any applications? If it still does it on a stock ROM with no apps installed then I'd say you need to swap your phone. If not then try adding your (applications/reg hacks) back one at a time.

Hope that helps.

elosogrande7076 01-03-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgdeaner (Post 153875)
I know this is a pain, but have you tried a hard reset with the latest stock ROM and not adding any applications? If it still does it on a stock ROM with no apps installed then I'd say you need to swap your phone. If not then try adding your (applications/reg hacks) back one at a time.

Hope that helps.

I too had the same problem with mine, i am with sprint. I did do a hard reset a couple times and even reloaded the 2.17 rom for kicks but each time i the same thing was happening with mine also; and this is with no applications added.....i am not sure what the op was referring to with wmp, i havent done anything with my wmp but i have the same problem. I went to sprint and was able to get them to reorder me another (after waiting 2hrs for the tech to come back and tell me that it was due to the software i had on the phone and just to do a hard reset and I will be fine...mind u i told him that i already did that, and he didnt take the time to try that option his self).....on a side note, i have the replacement mogul and am noticing that it has done it a couple times still so im not sure whats going on....
________
Long beach organics dispensaries

yakky 01-03-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elosogrande7076 (Post 153887)
I too had the same problem with mine, i am with sprint. I did do a hard reset a couple times and even reloaded the 2.17 rom for kicks but each time i the same thing was happening with mine also; and this is with no applications added.....i am not sure what the op was referring to with wmp, i havent done anything with my wmp but i have the same problem. I went to sprint and was able to get them to reorder me another (after waiting 2hrs for the tech to come back and tell me that it was due to the software i had on the phone and just to do a hard reset and I will be fine...mind u i told him that i already did that, and he didnt take the time to try that option his self).....on a side note, i have the replacement mogul and am noticing that it has done it a couple times still so im not sure whats going on....

The OP needs to do a hard reset first... but your issue sounds like the issue with the 1.47 radio I had. I'd get lockups, now that I'm on 2.17 with the 1.4 radio my phone has been great about not locking up.

christak 01-03-2008 05:01 PM

I agree -- the 1.47 radio was doing that with the 2.16 ROM on my Mogul. The 1.40 radio fixed that issue for me...

dreamerboy 01-03-2008 05:30 PM

I have the same problem. I'm on the 2.17 rom with the 1.47 radio. Very vanilla setup with all the Sprint crap and no registry tweaks yet...just a couple of programs. But the 1st lockup I had was before I even added those. It locks up when in standby mode around once every 2-3 days on average. Even though that's not very frequent, it's infuriating because I'm always wondering if my phone is frozen and I'm missing calls (I called it once when it was locked up and indeed the call didn't come through). I'm glad to hear that this might fix if I change to the 1.40 radio; I will try that and report back.

schettj 01-03-2008 06:00 PM

weird, running the 1.47 radio + 2.17, no lockups, no problems on mine.